Is the bump on my nose noticeable or am I being paranoid? (photo)

I am literally so insecure about my nose but whenever I bring it up around my friends they say they don't see anything and it's all in my head. My mom says I have a bump but it gives my face character and if I got rid of the bump I would not be as pretty anymore. I keep researching non surgical nose jobs but I'm only 18 and I don't know what to do and no one understands how I am so self conscious about it. Would you say the bump is a flaw and makes me less pretty? Please be honest!

Rhinoplasty for dorsal hump reduction

+1
Only you, the patient can make a decision as to whether or not a rhinoplasty procedure is worthwhile.  If the nasal hump is bothering you and that much, then consider getting the rhinoplasty procedure performed. The hump is composed of bone and cartilage and must be shaved down to remove it. Osteotomies of the nasal bones are required after the hump reduction. Anticipate about 2 weeks of some degree of bruising and swelling after the surgery. Computer imaging may also help you understand what can be accomplished with the procedure. For many examples of hump removal, please see the link below.

Nasal Bump

+1
Nasal deformities like a bump are subjective and only you can say whether it is an aesthetic detraction or not to your face. The first step is to have some computer imaging done and see what you think if it was not there. You can also consider having a small amount of injectable filler placed above the hump to create a smooth dorsal line and 'wear' the result for awhile to see what you think. If both of these tests are positive, then you are in a better position to decide about the merits of rhinoplasty surgery for you.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

You are a very attractive woman but you do have a small but real bump on your nose

+1
While you have a small bump on your nose, you are still a very attractive woman. If the bump bothers you, you should seek a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who could give you options for correcting this bump. It is however critical for any rhinoplasty surgeon to do a complete analysis of your nose so that a full correction of your nose can be done and bring all parts into harmony. Filing off a bump is not an option, certainly not one that will give you an attractive balanced nose. 

Carl W. 'Rick' Lentz III, MD

Small dorsal nasal hump

+1
You do have a small nasal hump.  This can be corrected with a rhinoplasty.  The choice to have a cosmetic procedure is a personal one.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 

Is the bump on my nose noticeable or am I being paranoid?

+1
Nope I see the hump. It can be repair via a rhinoplasty operation. fee from $4,500. Best to seek IN PERSON opinions. 

Is my Nasal Bump Noticeable?

+1
Only you can answer your question. If it bothers you, which it does or you would not have submitted this question, consult with a rhinoplasty specialist to discuss how this physical feature can be changed.

You are not crazy but very particular.

+1
The bump on the side of your nose is definitely present but modest as well. Most attractive individuals are extremely self-critical. You are no exception.

Bump

+1
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some people with HUGE noses are happy, and some people with minute imperfections are miserable. You have a bump. The dorsum can be made straighter. But only consider doing it if YOU like the "after" look, because that is what you will then have.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

The difference between what the world sees versus what you see

+1
To a group of plastic surgeons, yes, the small bump is "noticeable".  However, with regards to your questions, is it a flaw that make you less pretty?  No!  Some patients with straight profiles actually come asking for "bumps", and many patients choose to leave a small bump even when undergoing dorsal hump reduction.  It's all personal preference, but certainly does not make you "less pretty".  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

+1
  Rhinoplasty has been and will always be a personal decision for each patient.  Get the surgery if you want it.