Indentation 1 Year After Liposuction, Will it Go Away Eventually? (photo)

I had liposuction over a year ago and didnt notice much of a difference my surgon then brought me back in for revision and after this my shape has improved with my clothes n stuff but i have this extremly big indentation in my stomach. He said there is nothing I can do about it. Im rather destressed and depressed over it. Please can you give me some advise. Will it ever go ? is there anything else I can do? I really need a second opinion. Kind regards.

Indentation 1 Year After Liposuction, Will it Go Away Eventually?

+1

I do think some more revision will be needed, to include a little more liposuction and even potentially some fat grafting in order to smooth things out.

Dissatsfaction with Liposuction Result

+1

A single Afer Liposuction photograph is inherently insufficient to draw any specific conclusions about your present situation. But, it appears to me that you are overweight, have mild scoliosis and had incomplete liposuction leaving a significant amount of fat behind in addition to the area of depression which bothers you. I would get your medical records and seek a second opinion from one or more members of the American Sciety of Pastic Surgeons (ASPS) at wwwplasticsurgeryorg 

The indentation is likely permanent if it has been present for one year.

+1

I recommend that you seek consultation with a experience and well-respected liposuction surgeon in you area for recommendations.  Fat grafting and or surgery may be necessary to help correct this problem.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction Revision?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

I'm sorry to hear about the negative experience you have had.

At some point, revisionary liposuction surgery,  fat grafting,  and/or cool sculpting (permanent nonsurgical fat removal) may be helpful in improving the contour of your  abdomen.

I would suggest in person consultation was well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Best wishes

Liposuction

+1

I think you realize after this much time has passed it will not go away by itself. It can likely be improved by revision surgery but it is unclear how much it can be improved or what specifically should be done. You will need to be seen by a qualified surgeon face to face in order to get any specific recommendations. Your previous surgery sounds suspicious in going from inadequate fat removal to excessive fat removal.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Indentation after liposuction

+1

An indentation after liposuctioon may be the reuslt of over resection in the indented area or under treatment of adjacent areas. Sometimes fat grafting and revisionof the adjacent areas can help.

Indentation after liposuction

+1

Thank you for the question and photo Anabell. It is impossible to know what is wrong without an examination and preoperative photos. To assume that this was caused by the liposuction without getting all of the facts is a mistake. Contour irregularities are possible from liposuction and are avoided by "feathering," never going too close to the skin, and using different sized canulas depending on the depth. If there is a deformity, fat injections can correct the contour. Also, if you lose some weight, you may be a candidate for abdominoplasty instead.  

Jacob Freiman, MD, FACS
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

If one year since revision, liposuction result not apt to change

+1

if it's been at least 6 months since your last liposuction procedure, you should not expect significant change in the appearance of your result. there may be additional surgical revisions and/or grafting procedures that might help....also, if weight loss is part of your plan, you should  ideally complete any weight loss before proceeding.

Bruce K. Barach, MD
Schenectady Plastic Surgeon

Post Liposuction Contour Irregularity

+1

It is possible to have contour irregularities after liposuction and there are a number of factors that can contribute to this. Not seeing you in person or preoperatively makes this difficult to assess. However, often an overly agressive remval of tissue is the most likely cause. There are some options regarding the use of fat grafting to this area. Fat is taken from areas on your body where you have excess and then re-injected into the area of depression.  Frequently this takes several sessions and depends upon the degree of scarring in the area. See a plastic surgeon in your area to help determine your options.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD