Inner Thigh Sagging a Little After Lipo, Is this Normal?

i did a classic liposuction almost 3 months ago for my tummy, thighs, under buttocks and all around my waist, the doctor took almost 7 liters ,am all happy and thrilled about the result, but i have a very little amount of sagging skin in my inner thighs my question is :does vella shape will do me any good in tightening my skin a little or not??and my pubic area is just huge after lipo till now!!is that normal?goin away soon?or am i stuck with it?:( thank u;)

+1

The loose skin in the inner thigh is not uncommon as that skin has poor elasticity. I do not think that what you will get from VelaShape will be visible. The pubic area can stay swollen for long periods of time and in some cases require a little more liposuction done under local after the year is up, but I would give it some more time before deciding.

Inner Thigh Sagging a Little After Lipo, Is this Normal?Answer:

+1

The inner thigh is one of the more problematic areas to treat with Liposuction. The skin does have a real tendency to be wavy after, especially after 40 years old. Give it up to a year tho. And so far there is no evidence that many of the skin tightening procedures really work and if they do, probably minimally...And that may be all that you need! But resist the temptation to do more lipo there...It will probably make it worse. And it sounds like your pubic area may have been missed...too early to tell

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

+1

Liposuction, all liposuction, removes fat. Period. Although some techniques CLAIM to shrink skin that has NOT been scientifically proven AND most of the articles reporting such "shrinkage" were written by doctors subsidized by various companies producing machines claiming to shrink skin.

When air is removed from a balloon, the outer envelope sags and creases. Skin is no different, especially in areas where the skin is poorly attached to the underlying muscles such as the inner thigh. As a result, liposuction of the inner thigh is notorious for uncovering, not creating, skin sag which was masked by the fat holding the skin out - just like a balloon.

I would wait for 6-8 months to see how things have healed before making any decisions. Things may appear better by then. If they are not, you may wish to discuss other options with your Plastic surgeon.

Loose skin following liposuction

+1
Skin tightening with Velashape, Exilis, or another platform may improve loose inner thigh contour following extensive liposuction. The alternative is thigh lift.

Steve Laverson, MD

Inner Thigh Loose Skin After Liposuction

+1

Loose skin after inner thigh liposuction is a common occurrence. This is why it is always best to be very conservative with fat removal in this area as the skin has little chance of adequate contraction/shrinkage. Trying any of the skin tightening methods is reasonable and there are many options. My current favorite is the Exilis device. If not successful and the loose skin remains bothersome, you will need to consider an inner thigh lift.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Inner thigh liposuction

+1

Part of the problem of liposuctioning of the inner thigh is that  there has to be a balance of fat removal and accounting for skin laxity and this can vbe very difficult.  Lax skin is a problem with inner thigh SAL.

Dangers of inner thigh liposuction

+1

The skin in the inner thigh region is exceptionally thin and liposuction done there with any vigor can lead to loose, lax skin and a result that was worse than the starting point.  For that reason I almost never liposuction that area as there is no fix other than a thigh lift with its nasty scars.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Liposuction and "Sagging Skin"?

+1

Congratulations on your recent procedure;  I'm glad that you are pleased with your results.

The medial thighs tend to be potentially problematic after liposuction surgery;  the skin in this area tends to be quite thin making most patients  not good candidates for liposuction of this area.  I would give yourself more time before evaluating the final results of the liposuction of  the medial thigh and pubic area. Skin retraction may continue to occur.

I do not have any experience with Vella shape  so cannot advise.