Will my Implants Appear Smaller Once Swelling Reduces?

I just got 450cc silicone breast implants under the muscle. It's only been one week since my surgery but they look HUGE.

I'm 5'6, 125 lbs. Now that I have them and they are enormous I'm afraid that maybe I went with too large of an implant. I know that they should appear smaller once the swelling has gone down and once they drop but how much smaller can they actually get?

If it's not a dramatic difference then I'm afraid that I went too large. Please tell me they will go way down. Pic attached.

+1

Can you put updated pictures? But i think your surgeon has done a very good job and you will love your results once all the swelling has done down . 

Thank you for your question . 

Large breast implants and swelling

+1

Your post op result looks normal for 1 week. Swelling following a breast enlargement is normal and will last from a few weeks to a few months. There is not much you can do to make it go down any faster. I am sure that once the swelling resolves, you will be happy with your size. If you still think you are too big, wait 3-6 months for complete healing and final position before deciding to have another surgery.

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Implants huge

+1

Hi,

You are very new in the surgical post op period.  The muscle is pushing the implants upwardly and the muscles need to relax to allow the implants to drop.

This will take place but wait for at least 3 months to make a judgement because the implants will come down and the swelling will decrease.

Be patient and discuss this with your doctor.

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants Too Large?

+1

It is very common for patients immediately following a breast augmentation to be concerned about their breast size and shape.  Breast augmentation usually produces a fairly large change in body shape and takes a while for patients to become comfortable with their new body.  At one week postop, you still have a significant amount of swelling.  With time, the overlying muscle and skin will stretch, producing a much more natural, soft, and attractive look.  Additionally, it may take up to three months for all of the swelling to resolve.  Try to be patient and give yourself at least three to six months to adjust to your new figure.

Jaime Perez, M.D.

Breast Augmentation Specialist in Tampa, FL

Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa, FL

Web reference: http://www.jaimeperezmd.com

Breast Size after Breast Augmentation?

+1

At your stage recovery is very common for patients to be concerned about their results (being too big or too small).  Often after a period of 3 to 6 months those same patients are quite pleased with the results of their surgery.

For patients planning on breast augmentation surgery...it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm

Buyer's remorse?

+1

Sunshine42: Please be patient, follow your PS's post-op protocol and realize that once the overlying breast flap (skin & tissue) + muscle relax, your result will be softer, mobile and prettier.  I usually forecast approximately 7-10% shrinkage, but remember that silicone gels require slightly longer than saline implants to settle.  Your photo shows implants, which fill your chest, provide a soft round "cleavage" and do not protrude excessively off your rib cage.  I would guess that you had relatively tight skin beforehand, (i.e not prestretched by pregnancy/lactation or weight fluctuations).  What size did you discuss with your PS, pre-op?  In the event that you decided to downsize, wait at least 3-6 months before proceeding, in order to minimize wound healing issues.  Good luck.

Huge Implants

+1

Without before and after pictures, it is hard to give specific advice.  However, you are immediately post op and you should expect to see changes over the next few months.  As the tissues settle and the swelling resolves and you get used to your implants, you may find that they are a good size.  If not, you should wait several months before considering any type of revision surgery.

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

They will be fine

+1
You just had surgery and there is a lot swelling. You need to give it time for the swelling to resolve and it may take up to three months to see the final result.
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants Will Look Smaller Over Time

+1

Dear sunshine42-

Your breast implants will look smaller over time.  You just had surgery 1 week ago, so it will take several weeks for most of the swelling and healing to occur.  It takes about 6-12 months for all of the healing to occur and for all of your breast tissue, skin, and muscle to have settled down.  I would recommend talking to your plastic surgeon about things you can do to reduce swelling, such as chest elevation, ice, homeopathic medications, and other remedies.

Best Wishes,

Roy Kim, MD

Implants too large

+1

Even though 450cc implants are large, you have a component of swelling in the early post op period which is contributing to the appearance.  The implants also will appear somewhat smaller as the muscle relaxes and they drop a little.  That can take a few months to complete.  Massage can help with this.  Donald R. Nunn MD Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.