Will my Implants Appear Smaller Once Swelling Reduces?

I just got 450cc silicone breast implants under the muscle. It's only been one week since my surgery but they look HUGE.

I'm 5'6, 125 lbs. Now that I have them and they are enormous I'm afraid that maybe I went with too large of an implant. I know that they should appear smaller once the swelling has gone down and once they drop but how much smaller can they actually get?

If it's not a dramatic difference then I'm afraid that I went too large. Please tell me they will go way down. Pic attached.

Need to wait at least a month. May need to have them replaced.

Are they saline or silicone gel?  If they are saline, you need to know the final fill volume.  Was that 450 cc?  Saline implants are routinely filled over the amount printed on the implant.  You do look large, even for 450 cc implants, although I don't know what size you were to start with.

Regardless, you need to wait a month, minimum.  The implants will settle and not look as big.  It takes about a month for the swelling to do down.  Frequently I have had patients who are worried that they are too big at one week, but at one month, they are just fine and like the size.

Obviously, there is a cost in changing out your implants to a smaller size.  Most surgeons give a modest discount for doing this.  But it's very unusual.  I've had only one patient elect to have her implants replaced with a smaller size in the last 5 years, and the average implant size in my practice is 400cc.  Almost all patients who change size seem to go bigger.

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon