Breast Implant Dropped After 14 Years, Could There Be A Leak?

I had breast implants 14 years ago under the muscle. Right away I noticed they were positioned way to high and was never happy, but I didn't worry to much as I thought they would drop. 14 years later, they never did. I had what one Dr. called it a double bubble. Like having 2 breasts one on top of the other. About a week and a half ago I noticed that one of my breasts had completely softened and dropped and looked normal but the other one is still sitting high and hard. Could I have a leak?

Breast implant dropped

+2

In the picture attached, it appears that your breast and areola have dropped off of the implant.  This happens to some patients following aging, weight loss or pregnancy.  You likely would benefit from a breast lift to improve the appearance of your breasts.  A deflated saline implant usually results in a loss of upper breast fullness and a smaller overall size than the opposite side.  A ruptured silicone gel implant would be detected on an MRI scan, but would not necessarily change the appearance of the breast.  You should see a plastic surgeon to help you understand your best options.

Breast implant has dropped after 14 years

+2

Your implants were placed in a sub-muscular pocket without fully releasing the muscle years ago and the implant has remained high without blending with the breast. The same appearance can develop with capsule contracture over time as the implant will firm and round up and the breast will tend to fall or droop over the surface. This is not a double bubble, just a poor outcome and I suspect that your implant was saline and has deflated on one side. Sounds like you put up with them too long and you might be better with both out altogether.

peterejohnsonmd

Breast Augmentation

+1

The contour of your breast appears as if the breast tissue has "dropped" by sliding downward over your implant.  The implant often sits up higher on your chest and overtime your breast tissue can relax and settle downward, hence, the lower position.  I hope this helps.

Ronald H. Stefani Jr, MD

Implant issues

+1

It osund slike your implants were placed without releasing the muscle.  This can give the look of a breat falling over the implant.  AS for one breast looking less like it did before, could possible mean a deflation.

You may have ruptured implant and need to see your surgeon for treatment

+1
You have uneven breast and also sagging of the breast tissue over the implants. You may need to lift with your implant exchange. Your surgeon can give you better answer after personal examination.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon