Implants Don't Seem Big Enough! Will They Eventually Get Bigger?

I am 3 weeks post op with saline filled to 440cc implants from an a cup. I have waited 10 long years for these and couldn't express more to my PS that I wanted d cups with multiple photos to show him! I have heard of dropping and fluffing, but is this really true? It seems the swelling is gone and no more pain but they still can feel a little tight. I just really don't want to be unhappy with these as I have waited do long to get them and don't have more money to get them done again to go bigger

Implant Size

+1

Implants settle a bit with time also the swelling between the breast dissipates which changes the appearance. As far as the size I prefer to utilize the computer with the patients image so we have some understanding as to the size the patients wants.

BREAST IMPLANTS DON'T SEEM BIG ENOUGH

+1

Breast implants do nor grow larger by passage of time. Breasts look a little larger immediately after surgery because of swelling due to necessary dissection. Since you were bearing A cup before your surgery, after 440 ml saline implants you should expect to become a C cup, however cups are not standard and vary according to the manufacturer, brand and design of bras. If you want to have even larger breasts, you should wait at least 6 months, give some time for your breast tissues to strech out.   

Fereydoon S. Mahjouri, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+1

Swelling after breas implants surgery will subside and the breasts will likely look a bit smaller once this occurs. Cup size is difficult to assess, I usually discuss implant volumes with patient and review the baggy test with them.

Breast implants size does not increase after breast augmentation surgery

+1

Actually the opposite is true. As swelling subsides the size actually decreases. In patients that have a primary breast augmentation it is not always possible to achieve the size desired by the patient something the surgeon should convey to the patients prior to surgery. So it's possible that it was not possible to achieve the size desired during surgery. With time after the soft tissue stretch that may be possible to perform. It's not always in best interest for the patient to go bigger since risk of sagging or bottoming out is higher.

Disscuse the options with your surgeon.

Good luck

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Breast size changes after breast augmentation

+1

Thanks for your question -

We perform a significant amount of breast augmentations and other surgeries in our San Francisco area office.  The question of "what cup size will I be" can always be challenging.

There is no standard for measuring cup sizes and even "professional" department store measurements are wildly different even between the same patient.  (Some even argue that those stores purposefully measure people larger to sell more expensive bras).

Post-operatively there is always some swelling and the implants typically settle downward.

The best advice is to give things some time to settle down (think 3 months).

I hope this helps!

Steven H. Williams, MD

Size Disappointment After Breast Augmnetation

+1

Most breast augmentation patients experience early concern that their implants may be too big, only to go on to adjust to them and feel their size is just fine. Early dissatisfaction with breast size will not be improved by the pure passage of time as the implants will not physically get bigger as the tissues relax and healing proceeds. What may happen is that your early 'disappointment' with size may be allayed with time as you adjust to your new body image. With more healing time, while you wish they were a little bigger, you may not desire to go through surgery again to achieve that size goal. Whether this will happen or not depends on how far off now you are from your envisioned size before surgery. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Breast Implants Get "Bigger” with Time?

+1

In my experience, breasts do seem larger as the  breast implants “drop and fluff”.  I see this phenomenon on a daily basis in the office. I would suggest continued patience and follow-up with your plastic surgeon. Don't be surprised if you're pleased with the results of surgery 3 to 6 months from now. Don't base your satisfaction with the results of surgery on a specific cup size.

Implants will not grow

+1

At the time of initial placement the implants can seem high and feel tight. Over time the skin accomodates and the swelling subsides which places the implant in a more natural position.  The implant will not seem "bigger" but will assume a nicer shape. Its unlikely that if you are not happy with the size now that you will become happier later. However, if its the shape you dont like then that will improve over time since you are in the early post op period. Speak with your plastic surgeon. Open communication is the key.  

Raj S. Ambay, MD