Can Small Implants Fill the Extra Skin of Saggy Breasts?

I am a DD but have always had saggy breasts. This isn't due to weight loss (maybe a tiny bit worse after nursing). Can small implants fill the extra skin? I am not finished having children or breastfeeding & know I will need a lift when I am done. I just want to know if smaller implants (above/below the muscle) can fill out that skin enough until I'm ready for a lift? For a better visual, you can actually pinch, roll, and fold the skin on my breasts w/o touching tissue.

Saggy Skin and Breast Implants

+1

To the point, without a formal consultation with a plastic surgeon, there is no way to accurately address your particular situation.  In general, the larger the implant placed, the more excess skin that will be filled out with the implant.  However, the added weight of a larger implant may actually create more sagging in the already-loose skin of the breast.  So, back to my original point, see a plastic surgeon who can directly address your degree of sagging and what type off approach might be best for you.  It is the best way to get the most accurate options.

Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

+1

This situation is common amongst moms after delivery.  The key question relates to the position of your nipples and how much of your breast is sagging below the breast crease (inframammary fold). Sometimes implants alone can help but each case must be carefully evaluated individually to determine if your breast shape and form will allow a satisfactory result filling out your sagging breasts.  I recommend a formal one on one consult with your plastic surgeon to give you the most accurate information after an examination.  I hope this information is helpful.

Ronald H. Stefani Jr, MD

Skin elasticity and breast implants

+1

It's very important to consider skin elasticity. If you put implants in to "fill out" saggy skin, it will probably work for some period of time, but gravity and elasticity will make them continue to sag over several time.  Implants increase the weight on the skin and therefore cause the skin to continue to stretch over time. Wearing a bra most of the time can help that. Small implants are a good idea as they will put less stretch than large implants.

The other thing to consider is how much sag is present.  If there is a "mild" amount of sag, then going under the muscle (actually it's dual plane--not completely under the muscle), may be a good option. If you have "moderate" sag, then going over the muscle is a better option because under the muscle in that case may cause the implants to be high and the breast to "sag' over the muscle.  Finally, if there is significant sag, neither is a good option because you don't want to go from 'droopy' breasts to "big droopy breasts." In this case a lift with implants is the best choice, when you choose to proceed with the surgery.

This is where an in-person visit with a board certified plastic surgeon can be very useful.

Hope that helps.

Joshua Korman MD

Joshua Korman, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant question

+1

If you think you are saggy then I bet you need a lift with implants. Pictures and breast measurements are what the doctor will use to determine what procedure is right for you. Good luck and please see a board certified plastic surgeon.

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Lifting breast with small implants

+1

Althought pictures would help it sounds to me by the size of your breast and the skin and soft tissue quality that the small size implants would help lift your breast to an aesthetically pleasing position.

Good luck

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Sagging breasts

+1

Hi!

Personally, I mostly agree with the rest of the doctors and do not believe that implants would help with sagging. I recommend waiting until you
are done with having children and then consulting a board certified
plastic surgeon on getting a breast lift with maybe a small implant to
round your breasts out a bit.

To clarify, I am a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in cosmetic breast augmentation, including all newer aspects of the short scar procedures. I'm also a proud member of both the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS). I am a board certified with the American Board of Plastic Surgery. I am also an active member of the American College of Surgeons.

I believe that each patient needs to be treated as an individual and we focus on listening. Obviously, I would need to examine you and help you to decide which surgical or non-surgical options are available in your particular case.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to call us at 847.696.9900 for a private consultation. We would also be happy to mail you some additional information and brochures.

Thanks for your question. Have a great day!
Best regards,
Dr. Speron

Sam Speron, MD

Implants for Sagging Breasts

+1

If you are wearing a DD bra I suspect you have rather large breasts.  It is unlikely that small implants will address your concerns given the size of your breasts.  In general, other than the person who has relatively small breasts with moderate skin excess, you should not think of lifting the breasts with implants.  Most patients require a lift that removes extra skin and lifts the nipple to the proper position.  Adding larger implants often just results in a breast that is larger, heavier and more saggy over time.  Your best approach would be to get a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon to find out what your options are.

Richard Kofkoff, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Sagging breasts

+1

Sagging breasts are not corrected with implants. A lift can correct sagging to make the breasts perkier.

Implant Would Not Correct Sagging Problem

+1

From your description it is highly unlikely that your breasts would be improved with a breast implant.  My suggestion would be to finish with your family and then consider a breast lift with or without implants.  To use implants now would more than likely make your breast look abnormal and would not achieve your goals.  

Implants “Fill" Saggy Breasts?

+1

It is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination or viewing pictures. However, based on the description of your breasts,  it is unlikely that breast implants alone will achieve an aesthetically pleasing results. When patients describe their breasts as “saggy” and know they will benefit from breast lifting,  they are usually correct. In these cases, breast implants alone to not suffice.

You're wise to avoid any surgery until you have completed pregnancies and breast-feeding ( unless  planned pregnancy is in the disatant future).