Is It OK to Ice the Swollen Area After Restylane Injections?

Ice after Restylane

+1
Use of ice packs after Restylane injection will reduce post-procedure swelling and bruising which will, in turn, alleviate discomfort. It is highly recommended, no cost and completely beneficial. I see a tremendous difference in bruising between patients who are compliant with the icing regimen and those who do not use it. However, I have not found that pre-procedure icing has any ameliorative effect.

Icing Restylane injected areas

+1
I use ice in the office after each injection and give my patients a special ice pad to take home with them. This helps with the bruising and swelling and minimizes any discomfort. You may be numb after the injection so be careful not to put ice directly on the area for long amounts of time and place the ice or frozen peas in a baggie and cover with a thin tissue before placing directly on the skin. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Rstylane and ice

+1

It is perfectly fine to ice the area that was treated with restylant injections it may help with swelling and bruising,

Icing helps swelling after restylane

+1

Icing after restylane  helps with swelling ,minimizes bruising and helps with the discomfort. Most of the swelling will subside in  a few days. Maintaining  a low salt intake is also helpful.

Joanne Lopes, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Ice after Restylane

+1

We routinely ice all patients after Botox, Dysport, Restylane, Juvederm, Radiesse and Sculptra. This may decrease some bruising and swelling, at least intially for the latter. There is no detrimental effect on the substance injected by the application of ice.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Icing Restylane Injected Areas

+1

The best inflammation and swelling are those that NEVER took place. Icing or freezing before (see Zimmer air chiller), proper injection technique and icing after gives the best result. In addition, use of short doses of CELEBREX (in NON Sulfa allergic patients) prevents swelling. You need to discuss it with your injector - hopefully a doctor.