I Have the Feeling of a Foreign Body Sensation Inside my Lower Lid After Upper and Lower Blepharoplasty?

It has been nearly six months since I had upper and lower blepharoplasty with fat relocation. I still have the uncomfortable feeling of something inside my lower left eyelid. It ranges from mildly uncomfortable to extremely annoying, yet my surgeon after many visits, cannot find anything there. Can anyone help me figure this out?

Foreign Body Sensation after Upper and Lower Eyelid Surgery

+1

Foreign body sensation after upper and lower eyelid surgery may be due to dry eyes and the effects of dry eyes.  Sometimes there is no foreign body to be seen.  An exam can sometimes reveal an anatomic cause.  Artificial tears are useful to prevent dryness in the postoperative period, but prolonged dry eyes should be examined by your eye doctor.

Blepharoplasty Recovery

+1

It is unusual to have foreign body sensation so long after blepharoplasty. Follow up with your surgeon to determine the cause and improve it.

Web reference: http://www.lakeshoreplasticsurgery.com

Foreign body sensation after blepharoplasty

+1

Your question is difficult to answer without an examination.  There could be a few reasons why there might be a foreign body sensation in your eye after upper and lower blepharoplasty.  I'm assuming that your physician examined you and could not see any foreign body inside your lower eyelid.  Can your upper eyelid close completely?  If there is not complete closure, it's possible there could be some dryness to the eye that could cause a foreign body sensation.  If you haven't already, I would recommend seeing an ophthalmologist to be evaluated further.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon