Chalazion(stye) Surgery One Month and a Half Ago, Swelling Woun't Go Down, What Can I Do?

I had a huge stye in my left eye for 2 months, it didn't heal so i had to do surgery, I used drops and ointments before and after the surgery but the problem is after all this time my eye doesn't look normal.It is a lot better than before the surgery but it 's still swollen and red an there is still a little bump not in the same place. I saw my doctor 2 weeks ago because I was afraid I was getting another stye and she told me the cartilage of the lid is still inflamed,is this true?what can i do?

Chalazion surgery

+2

You certainly may be correct that you are getting another stye or chalazion adjacent to the previous surgical site. Your doctor may also be right (except that there is no "cartilage" in the eyelid) but the tarsus may still be inflamed.   Additional rounds of antibiotic drops, lid scrubs, and hot compresses are surely indicated.

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Almost all chalazia respond to injected kenalog.

+2

Traditionally these were treated with a surgical procedure.  Even now, doctors make more money operating on these lesions than treating them medically.  However, injection with kenalog is remarkably effective.  You eyelid has residual swelling.  Time for healing can be very helpful.

Eyelid Swelling and Inflammation after 1 month

+1

There still exists inflammation and swelling that should resolve with additional time.  Conservative therapy for the time being may be the best medicine.  Your surgeon is in the best position to determine this.