I Am 5 Ft. 90lb Dr. Recommend 225cc Mentor Silicone, Under. Is This a Good Size for Me? (photo)

I am really petite. Standing at 5ft, 90lb, with a ribcage of 26 and 30 bandwidth. My BA is in one week and my PS recommend me with 225cc Mentor silicone, under the muscle. I'm still very undecided about the size. Don't know if I should go bigger with a 250cc. Question is, will I be in a full B or Med B with a 225cc? And do you think I should go with 225cc or 250cc based on my body frame. Keep in mind, I am going for a natural look, no where like a C cup.

I Am 5 Ft. 90lb Dr. Recommend 225cc Mentor Silicone, Under. Is This a Good Size for Me?

+3

Yes I might consider 250 UHP silicones for you. If you want a B cup than discuss with your chosen surgeon. 

Choosing size

+3

I agree a silicone gel under the muscle will give you the most natural look. If looking natural is your main goal, a smaller implant will always be best. I think you will be happy with either one.

Armin Moshyedi, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Sizing for breast augmentati

+2

There are many ways to be sized. In my practice, I put actual implants inside a bra with no padding such as a Warner 1003 which you can get at Macy's. I then place you in a t shirt or tank top. When you find the size which you feel is proportionate to your frame I then add 25 to compensate for being placed under the muscle.  This in my practice helps patients the most.

Roger J. Friedman, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Sizing

+2

you have a very tight breast envelope. there not a significant difference between the two sizes that you are considering. The size may need to be determined at the time of surgery by your surgeon.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Recommended Breast Volume for #BreastAugmentation

+2

From your photos, you have very little breast tissue and will benefit significantly from the procedure. However, 25cc difference is almost nothing and the better way to approach the surgery is to communicate with your surgeon about what you desire and let him/her choose the implant that best suits your goals.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Deciding on the size of implants before breast augmentation

+2

Hello.

Thank you for sharing your pre-op photos.

A difference of 25cc (225 or 250) is about table spoon and should not make a bold difference even on a small frame like yours.

With that perspective, the subpectoral implants advantages are many especially if you are after the "natural" look.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Is This a Good Size for Me?

+2

There are no fixed definitions of cup size. I have numerous patients who have bras in 3 different cup sizes all of which fit. A B cup on a 34 band is smaller than one on a 36, larger than one on a 32, and so forth. I would not hazard a guess as to your cup size after enlargement. 

25 cc is less than two tablespoons. If you look at the two implants you are considering, without reading the label I would be surprised if you could pick out the larger one. Your surgeon should be certain that the implants chosen matches the width of your natural breast tissue, and help you choose the best size for you.  Thanks, and best wishes. 

Implant size for petite frame

+2

Based on the photos, I think either one will work. Because you have very narrow chest wall and very little breast tissues, selecting the right fit and profile of the implant is more critical than the volume of the implant. If you like really smooth upper pole profile then choose moderate profile implant and pick smaller of the two. If you are looking for fuller B cup then the larger one will do. Both will look quite nice on you, just a matter of personal taste and refinement of what you seeking.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Breast Implant Size

+1
Cup size is an exact measurement as it ranges widely among bra companies and even within the same company.

The size of the implants are based on a combination of a patient's goals and objectives and her anatomy. In order to provide a natural looking augmentation, the surgeon needs to evaluate many factors including soft tissue coverage, skin laxity, chest wall width, breast imprint width, the shape of the breasts and relative level of constriction to ensure that the breast implants are appropriate for your body. Consult with 3 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your objectives.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Breast Surgery

+1
I think the difference between those two implants is so small you could never tell the difference so choose the bigger one!

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC