One Breast is Fuller and Larger After Augmentation, is That Normal? (photo)

I was a 36D before breast augmentation and I am 2 months post-op. I now have 700cc mentor silicone implants (smooth round, Hugh profile). One breast (right) is smaller and sits higher than the left one. What is your opinion about this matter? My plastic surgeon prescribed me singular (to treat inflammatory muscle) and to aggressively massage the right breast. Is this going to even itself out or should I be concerned?

Asymmetry After Breast Augmentation

+1

What I can tell you is that it takes a good solid 3 months for the implants to settle and for the capsule to form. If your doctor is giving you Singulair then he or she must feel that you have a capsular contracture. It can happen this early but is rare. First follow your surgeons advice if you trust them. Most likely your implants will drop with time. You will always have some degree of asymmetry which is normal. Most people do.

Breast Augmentation 2 months ago with Asymmetry

+1

Even after 2 months your breast implant position and breast shape should continue to change and improve. Your surgeons recommendation are reasonable and should help. Continue to follow your plastic surgeon's instructions and follow up closely. Implant/breast massage does improve breast shape as the breast pocket and skin stretches and the implant settles.

Thank you for your question and photos.

Gregory Park, MD

Breast Asymmetry After Augmentation Is Common

+1
The most common cause of breast asymmetry after breast augmentation is pre-existing breast volume, shape. or position asymmetries.  Scoliosis and chest well skeletal abnormalities are also common causes of breast asymmetry postoperatively.  Other causes of breast asymmetry after agmentation include hematoma, implant malposition, capsular contracture, and untreated breast ptosis or drooping.  It is important to review your pre and postoperative photos as well as your exam to determine which of these issues is contributing to your problem.    The treatment varies significantly with the cause.

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

One breast is fuller and larger after augmentation

+1

Since there are no pre operative photographs it is hard to really say what is exactly going on. Yes one breast is fuller and larger after surgery. This is usually due to the preexisting size prior to the augmentation.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

One Breast is Fuller and Larger After Augmentation, is That Normal?

+1

Very heard to respond because NO before photo posted. Where the breasts asymmetrical prior to the implants? If yes than placing a "large" implant ONLY magnifies the size differential. 

Breast asymmetry

+1

Some breast asymmetry is normal. Without seeing pre and post-op photos and knowing what was placed in each breast makes it difficult to evaluate.  Follow closely with your doctor.

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

The breast asymmetry you are experiencing very well could be related to breast implant position asymmetry. Given that you are only 2 months out of your surgery, it is quite possible that the breast  symmetry will improve  over the course of the next few months. At this point, I would suggest that you continue to follow your plastic surgeon's instructions; only time will tell…