350cc or 375cc Mentor Silicone for for Slim/petite/small Woman?

Hello doctors! I am torn between the two new love? of my life - I can't decide 350cc or 375 cc! My details: Just turned 30, married, with 2 kids. Breast fills 32A bra, but saggy 32B (breast fed both kids). Height: 5 ft 3 1/2 Weight: 110 I would like to be AT LEAST 32C. Would 350cc achieve this result, or should I go to 3575cc? Does 25cc make a big difference? What do you recommend - please help!

350cc vs. 375cc for 32A to 32C

+2

Based on your dimensions you should have no problems achieving a 32C breast size with a 350cc implant. You may actually end up larger than a 32C. With regard to 350cc vs. 375cc, a 25cc difference will be negligible. 25cc's is less than 1 fluid ounce, so it's not going to make a big difference in obtaining your size goal.

Thanks for your question! Best of Luck!

350cc or 375cc Mentor silicone for slim/petite/small women?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.  25cc will not make any difference likely. 

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Implant Selection Process

+1

I would err on the side of 375cc based on your description. In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Implant choices

+1

First, 25 cc's does not make a big difference. Second, without an exam it is impossible for me to suggest what would be appropriate for you.

Breast augmentation in a thin patient

+1

Thanks for your question.  Instead of focusing on a post op cup size you should think about the "look" that you are interested in.  Cup size is relatively arbitrary.  It isn't standardized like height and weight.  Different bra manufacturers will have different cup sizes--for instance, Victoria Secret's tends to run with a larger cup size.  So it is possible for someone to be a C cup in one type of bra and a D in another.  When it comes to determining the right implant for you it is best to try on sizers and look in the mirror.  When you see the look that you are interested in your plastic surgeon should be able to determine which size implant will accomplish that look depending on your body and breast tissues.  That being said, given your measurements 350cc will likely easily accomplish a C cup and could actually be a D in some bras.  375cc isn't much different.  Think about what would be worse--being too big or too small.  And don't forget you can still use clothing to accentuate your look but it is hard to downplay large implants.  I hope this helps.  Good luck.  I'm sure regardless of your decision you'll be very happy.

Jason E. Leedy, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Which implant is right for you

+1

There are a number of important variables to consider when choosing the breast implant that is right for you. At you exam the measurements taken along with your desire for a change will guide your plastic surgeon in their recommendations. You mention that you feel your breasts are saggy. This may also play a role in what you might need in terms of a possible breast lift in combination with augmentation. The most important measurement for determination of breast implants is called the base width. This needs to be respected when an implant is chosen so it is not too wide or narrow. The volume is then decided by the profile of implant picked. I encourage you to see a board-certified plastic surgeon who can review your options. Lastly, 25cc will not make a major difference in cup or bra size in the long run.

I wish you well.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

Breast Implant Sizing

+1

The difference between the two sizes you are considering, the 350 cc. and 375 cc. implants is .3cm. This difference is so small you will not be able to tell the difference. The smaller ones will always look more natural if you have been properly sized.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

350cc or 375cc

+1

If you surgeon put one of each in you, most likely neither of you could tell the difference. As to what size will give you a 32C, that I would not want to speculate without an in person exam. There are no fixed definitions of cup size, many patients fit into bras of 3 different cup sizes from the bra drawer. As a rule on a 36 band, 200 cc of implant will result in one cup size increase. The cups on a 32 band are smaller, so either size you choose should give about 2 cup sizes of increase. 

Thanks and best wishes.

Breast implant size

+1

Thank you for your question. The choice of the breast implant size is one of the most stressful parts of the journey for many women. I would start by saying that it is impossible to select an implant size for you without an examination. That being said, I wouldn't fret too much about a 25cc difference. Most people are unable to tell the difference between 25cc's, which is basically 2 tablespoons of fluid. Thinking more 3 dimensionally, this is only a difference of 1mm in projection and 3mm in width - a very slight difference. 

I am sure that either size will look great for you. Discuss the implants with your plastic surgeon. the best choice for you likely depends on the width of your chest, which is something that they can go over with you.

Best of luck with your augmentation.

Jeff Rockmore

Jeffrey Rockmore, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implant Size for Me?

+1

No, generally speaking 25 mL does not make a significant difference;  it will probably not even make a noticeable difference clinically.

Unfortunately , it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination and a full communication of your goals. I think you will be better off spending more time with your plastic surgeon, communicating your goals as precisely as possible. In my practice, I prefer the use of goal pictures, as opposed to discussing bra cup size.

I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C cup size” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  You may want to allow your plastic surgeon some “artistic license” to select the  breast implant size/profile that will most likely achieve your goals;  in my practice this decision is often made intraoperatively ( after the use of temporary sizers).