Botox for Hyperactive Frontalis Muscle? (photo)

I have hyperactive frontalis muscle that makes my right eye brow rise higher than the left. It is my life problem really. Can Botox injection fix it?

Botox Frontalis Forehead

+1

Dear Mizo:Neuromodulators such as Botox, Xeomin and Dysport are effective in the frontalis muscle and the forehead. It is not a cure but a tereatment and will have to be repeated every 4-6 months. Hope this helps. 

Metairie Plastic Surgeon

Botox and the Upper 1/3 of the Face

+1

Hi Mizo.  Neuromodulators such as Botox, Xeomin and Dysport are effective in the upper third of the face.  Botox will temporarily weaken the frontalis muscle.  I hope this is helpful.  Regards, Andy Shah MD.

Anand G. Shah, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hyperactive Frontalis muscle

+1

Botox is the best for Frontalis hyperactive muscle. It will require maintenace every 3-4 months.

Jhonny Salomon, MD

Botox for asymetric frontalis muscle contraction

+1

Any neuromodulator, such as Botox or Dysport will help temporarily improve the condition by weakening the muscle. It may require more than one treatment for your practitioner to achieve the optimal cosmetic result. Typically, it will require maintenance injections every 3-4 months.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and hyperactive forehead muscles.

+1

Botox is a great product that can treat the hyperactive muscle of the forehead that you are complaining about.

Botox can fix your constantly raised eyebrow?

+1

Hi Mizo,

Botox can absolutely help with your problem. Botox is specifically designed to relax facial muscles around the eyes and we think based on your description that your problem will be easily addressed with Botox. We suggest finding an experienced practitioner as injecting asymmetrically (different amounts on opposite sides of the face) like this is a bit more technique dependent. Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Botox is ideal for your situation

+1

Botox relaxes muscles and is used medically for over active muscles around the eyes. Be careful of who you chose to perform the procedure. You want a Plastic Surgeon or experienced Dermatologist. There are techniques that will even the position of your eyebrows in the hands of someone who appreciates the nuances.

Michael Baroody, MD
Danbury Plastic Surgeon

Yes

+1

This problem can be corrected rather easily with BOTOX injected into the hyperactive area of the frontalis muscle. Only a few units should do the trick so the cost would be miinimal, roughly $16-25. I think you would be pleased with the result.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist