Hyfrecator Done on Nose - How Long Before Redness Goes Away?

I had some small raised bumps on my nose - not acne, skin colored, no pain. My derm did hyfercation for it and told me it should "heal" in under 3-4 days. But the treated are still looks a bit red and raw - no infection or puss or pain - just looks red instead of skin tone. How long will this take to heal? It has been 2 weeks now! Derm says it will take 2 skin cycles - ie, 6 weeks! He didnt tell me it would take that long when I had it done!

Healing red spots on the nose

+1

It may take up to 2 months for the redness to fade.  You should avoid the sun to prevent pigmentation of the spots.  IPL treatment can help the redness fade more quickly.

Toronto Dermatologist

Laser Surgery

+1

Six weeks sound accurate and is a viable estimate.  It will be best to use sun-screen faithfully as well. Thank you for your question and good luck.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

The IPL laser can reduce post inflammatory redness

+1

The IPL laser can reduce post inflammatory redness. While any destructive treatment can produce redness a series of IPL treatments is often successful in promoting healing.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Healing after a hyfrecator treatment

+1

Every person heals differently after any treatment. Your healing will depend on your skin type, how deep your lesion was, how much sun you're getting, and whether you use any topical retinoids which can impair healing temporarily. The redness you have typically lasts 4-8 weeks to some degree, but again everyone is different.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon