Hydroquinone 8% Safe to Lighten Skin After 3 Fraxel 1 Dual? Seeing Some Improvement, Not As Expected or Advised by Dr. (photo)

Hydroquinone 8% Safe to Lighten Skin After 3 Fraxel 1 Dual Fraxel Seeing Some Improvement, Not As Expected or Advised by Doctor

Hydroquinone to Lighten Skin

+2

For most people Hydroquinone is a very safe ways to help lighten skin.  An 8% preparation is fine.  We also add other ingredients in to make the hydroquinone work better such as Tretinoin ( Retin-A .)  Start using it slowly to make sure you do not develop any redness or irritation from the cream itself.  If you are tolerating it, and it is helping, then you can use it twice daily.  Please use sunscreen all day every day rain or shine or your brown spots will not improve!  If you see no improvement after 3 months, then you need to be reevaluated by your dermatologist. 

Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Is 8% Hydroquinone Safe to Lighten Skin?

+1

I feel that 8% Hydroquinone is safe as a lightening agent, however I would recommend the following method:

• I would prefer to initially treat the areas of hyperpigmentation with BBL (Broad Band Light).
  • I also agree in difficult cases Retin-A is an excellant way of prepping the skin for improving the results of treating hyperpigmentation

My Plan for you would be:

1. BBL Treatment of Pigmented Areas
  2. 2-3 month treatment with 8% Hydroquinone
  3. Starting in 4th month or when Pigment is controlled we go to a lower dose of Hydroquinone for maintence
  4. Must use Sun-Block for this Program to Work.  

Joseph Rucker, MD, FACS
Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon