Hydroquinone After Laser Hair Removal?

I'm Arabic with fair skin and black hair just finished my first full body gentleLase hair removal session & my doctor prescribed me hydroquinone 2% to use for duration of 2 days after laser currently I have no pigmentation & I'm concerned about safety of hydroquinone and its need where no pigmentation is present Is it nessecary to use it ?

Hydroquinone

Hydroquinone is effective at decreasing excess melanin production. With laser hair removal the hair is heated, leading to destruction of the follicle. In the process, the heat can cause the surrounding pigment cells to increase pigment output. The hydroquinone is meant to decrease the potential for skin darkening. Short term use should not have an effect on normal surrounding skin.