Did I Pay Too Much for Laser Hair Removal?

I decided to get laser hair removal with a board-certified facial plastic surgeon in Princeton, New Jersey, using the GentleLASE laser. I had my entire chest treated, and ended up being charged $1,050 for JUST that one session! I was told I'd need 5-6 more sessions for 90% hair reduction! I was initially planning to have my entire body treated, but the thought of spending tens of thousands of dollars scared me! Was I charged too much for this and, if so, how do I get a better deal?

Cost of laser hair removal

+1

If you live in New Jersey you know that only physicians are now allowed to use lasers such as laser hair removal.  The reason is simple.  These lasers are serious medical devices that have left too many patients scarred or with bad side effects.  You may pay more for a physician but you should feel confident that they know what they are doing and you will have a good result.  That's worth a lot. Please let me know what happens.

Price for Laser Hair Removal on the Chest

+1

Dear Patient,

There is no set fee for Laser Hair Removal across all practitioners. GentleLase laser is expensive and time-consuming laser procedure. If it is done by physician, it may be more expensive, because it is the doctor's time and expertise you are paying for, which usually translates to safer and more effective results. In general, it takes about 30 minutes to treat the chest, and 1 hour to treat chest and abdomen. So in order to compensate for that time, it should cost you around $500-$1000 dollars per treatment session (depending if some of the abdomen, back, arms, or shoulders were included as part of the treatment). If it was just the chest, and the treatment was less then 30 minutes, you may be able to negotiate the price down. Good luck.

Marianna Blyumin-Karasik, MD
Hollywood Dermatologist