If You Use Hyaluronidase to Dissolve a Juvederm Lump, Does It Only Dissolve the Lump or Does It Travel and Undo Everything?

When using hyaluronidase to dissolve a lump, does it only dissolve the lump or is there a risk of it dissolving other areas also? Having a visible lump is bad enough but I would hate to have one side of my mouth deflated and the other side look good.....

Hyaluronidase

+1

Hyaluronidase is an enzyme that will dissolve hyaluronic acid, synthetic or natural, so it can reduce swellings associated with any type of hyaluronic filler such as Juvederm or Restylane and your own natural hyaluronic acid, which is part of your dermal tissue.It has a wide safety range but needs to be injected by an expert as it is non-selective.

Toronto Dermatologist

Hyaluronidase

+1

Hyaluronidase is an enzyme that eats up the hyaluronic acid (HA)of whichever HA based filler used. It will only degrade the HA product. Hope this helps. Best of luck! -Dr. Boris

Hyaluronidase does dissolve Juvederm and Restylane!

+1

Hyluronidase certainly works to dissolve Juvederm etc.  Once injected it takes out a whole area of Juvederm and is very hard to control.  But it does work.   This drug needs to be fresh and in date to work, but when it is fresh it takes out ALL.   My Best....Dr C

Web reference: http://www.gcommonsmdplasticsurgery.com

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

+1

The answer depends upon the amount of hyaluronidase used. Hyaluronidase does have a tendency to spread but if an appropriate dose is injected, the effect should be limited to the area that appears objectionable. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/facial-dermal-fillers/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon