Dissolving a Lump from Hyaluronic Acid Injection?

I had HA injected(Perlane/Juvederm/Restylane) in 2010 to correct a crooked nose(the top of the implant was tilted to the right). Oddly the HA injected on the left side of my bridge did not dissolve completely on its own. I just had a 2nd nose job in 2013 using goretex. However after the correction I noticed from the left view the top of the bridge looks too tall. Is it possible to dissolve HA injected 3yrs ago? will injecting HA-DASE cause infection since I have a goretex implant underneth? thx

Dissolving a Lump from Hyaluronic Acid Injection

+2

While fillers in areas that do not move much, like the nose, can tend to last longer than fillers done in the lips, I would be hard pressed to believe you have any there left after 3 years. I would think there is likely to be scar tissue there instead that is causing your issue. Consult with your surgeon, but I don't think hyaluronidase will do a darned thing because I don't think there is any filler left there.

+1

I agree with Dr. Echavez that the hyaluronic acid filler that was injected three years ago is no longer present. Hyaluronidase likely will not improve the lump that you see. I recommend that you followup with your plastic surgeon to determine their toughts and come up with a treatment plan. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dissolving hyaluronic acid filler after 3 years

+1

Hyaluronic acid fillers, such as Perlane, Juvederm, and Restylane, would not last 3 years, so they would not be the cause of the current issue with your nose.  I would return to your surgeon to be evaluated so that the cause of your problem can be discerned.  And just to answer your last question, it would not be a problem to use hyaluronidase near a goretex implant.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon