Hyaluronic Acid Butt Injections?

I received hyaluronic acid butt injections almost a year ago and my butt looks great but I'm nervous of future complications. What if she used some other substance other than what she claimed she used? Is there a medical procedure I can do to know what was used?

Unknown substance injected into the buttocks.

+1

If you are sure you did not have fat injected into your body, are you sure they did not use PMMA or Hydrogel?  These are non FDA approved substances.  You should call whoever did the injections and ask them for a full report on what was used including the lot numbers. 

Few People can afford to have Hyaluronic Filler Buttock Augmentation

+1

Regarding : "What if she used some other substance other than what she claimed she used?" There is NO DOUBT in my mind that your injector used a substance OTHER than hyaluronic acid to inject you with.

With a single cc of hyaluronic acid going for about 500 dollars and the average PER CHEEK buttock augmentation requiring from 300 to over 1,000 cc. That would translate to a cost of 150,000 to 500,000 dollars per cheek. I SERIOUSLY doubt you paid 300,000 to 1 million dollars on your augmentation.

My guess is that you picked an injector based on their price and friend's recommendation than on their training and certification. Since there is no way to know what was in the syringe nor of simply removing it, no one can really predict what will happen or when. Sad.

Buttock Injections with what???

+1

I agree that Hyaluronic Acid (as found in products like Restylane and Juvederm) was not likely injected into your buttock as it would cost tens of thousands of dollars to make any difference, and would have been temporary at that!

If you saw a non-physician injector, you will likely not be able to track them down for obvious reasons, but that is the only person who really knows what was injected.  Removal of non-medical grade materials that have been injected is difficult, so hopefully you will not experience any problems.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

Injections for Butt Augmentation

+1

Hi there-

I'm sorry to say that I find it almost impossible to believe what was injected into you was actually hyaluronic acid.... This would have been incredibly expensive (more than surgery!) and would have only lasted a few months...

I would be very concerned about what is in my body- see your medical doctor about an MRI.

Unfortunately, you are now figuring out why responsible surgeons on this site always stress the importance of finding a surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Hyaluronic Acid for Butt Augmentation

+1

Hmmm, very unlikely.  That would have been very expensive procedure and would only last for may be 4 months.  I dont really know how you would find out to see what you have injected other than talking to the physician.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Hyalouronic acid

+1

There is no way you had hyaluronic acid to the butt. You need atleast 400 cc to the buttocks for butt enhancement. each cc of hyaluronic acid will cost $500.

So 500x400=200000.

Were the injector a doctor?

or you got injected in a pumping party? If so then you had either commercial silicone from the hardware store, or Hydrogell from the hard ware store