How Much Does Laser Liposuction Cost?

Do all of the various kinds of laser liposuction cost about the same?

Laser Liposuction Cost

The cost various by city and state. Estimates range from 2500-7,000 an area.  The price of laser liposuction is the same as traditional liposuction in my practice.

Cost of Laser Liposuction

I enjoy reading the comments made by some — from this, one has laser liposuction available to his patients, and one does not. Laser liposuction is laser assisted liposuction, so those of us who perform the procedure, use the laser as an adjunct to a liposuction procedure. The benefits of laser lipo, which have been scientifically studied, show that the skin tightening from the procedure is quicker and better when laser lipo is done.

The costs vary between doctors and between states. The most common costs are about 2500-3500 dollars per area treated, with reductions given with more areas treated. Again, price varies a great deal and the most important thing is to find a provider that is well skilled in lasers and inliposuction. A board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon should be the ones doing these procedures.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser liposuctions are getting cheaper and cheaper.

Laser liposuctions have been getting a lot cheaper over the last few yrs for good reason- results have not been up to expectations in many instances.  There are a lot of problems with skin puckering and skin burns and just not happy patients with their results when done by inexperienced physicians.  Be sure to see docs with a lot of experience and great results in liposuction and insist on tumescent local anesthesia with the micro canulas rather than gen. anesthesia.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser Liposuction Cost

Hi Eva,

Laser liposuction costs will vary upon patient's areas of concern, if it includes anesthesia and demographic region.  If you're a candidate, you may be able to get an area performed starting at $2,000 or lower with a great surgeon. The most important factor is that you are a candidate and your money is well spent.

Dr. Lu

Leonard Lu, MD

Cost for Laser Liposuction

The cost of Laser Liposuction will depend on where it is performed (office under local anesthesia, surgery center, or an operating room) When performed in an office under local anesthesia, our office charges $1700 for the abdomen and for the flanks and additional $1700. If you have Laser Liposuction in an operating room the charges will be higher because the anesthesia and facility charges.

Liposuction Costs?

Thanks for the question. When it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved.  You will find some average costs of surgery on this website and on individual plastic surgeons' websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Again, I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.  Best wishes.

Cost depends on surgery center, anesthesia, professional fees and areas treated

Laser liposuction is a convenient and effective modality for lipolysis. The treatment is superior to conventional liposuction.

Treatment with laser liposuction entails laser fat dissolution and fat aspiration. Cost depends on the type of anesthesia, surgery center fees, and the number of areas treated.

The key to success is meticulous technique and placing utmost importance on safety.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS