What Happens to Excess Fluid After Laser Lipo?

I had laser lipo on my abdomen/flanks 8 days ago and I'm nervous about excess fluid in my body. My doctor is known for performing VERY "Wet" surgeries and I had just enough drainage the 1st day to change my bandages once and never again.

Prior to surgery, my doctor explained I had a terrific BMI and was an ideal candidate, but I don't see much difference and my tummy feels like jello and is squishy. If there is remaining fluid, what does the body do with it? Does the fluid harden and turn into fat or combine with tissues?

Laser Liposuction

+1

Excess fluid is absorbed over time.  The fluid is similar with body fluid and is safe.  Be sure to wear your compression garmet as this will minimize the swelling and retention of fluid.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Super wet technique is most likely the cause.a

+1

There are several mechanisms by which your body can contain fluid.

It can be within the tissues as a result ofr inflammation or infiltration (edema) or it can be within spaces caused by the liposuction and create a collection known as a seroma.

Since your surgeon performs this often, I would trust them with your post-operative care and recommendations.