I am considering breast augmention with silicone implants. Please help me price out the average cost of silicone breast implants so i know what to expect.
How Much Do Silicone Breast Implants Cost?
Doctor Answers (27)
How much do silicone breast implants cost?
In my practice, the price for breast augmentation is $7900.00 for Silicone breast implants. This price includes all pre and post-operative visits, pain control pump, a body garment, board certified anesthesiologist, operating room charges., etc.
When considering breast augmentation surgery, I believe that the most important question for a prospective patient to ask themselves is this: Am I seeking a natural-appearing result? If the answer is yes, then seek out a surgeon who has the same aesthetic sensibility that you have (and appropriate training and experience). And insist on seeing `before and after' photos. A lot of them.
I have never understood the desire on the part of patients or physicians (especially physicians) to create unnaturally large breasts. I see 'before and after' photos at plastic surgery meetings and I almost always find myself asking the question: What's the `big' idea?
I view breast augmentation as more than a breast enhancement surgery. It is a total body contouring surgery, and the breast profile that one creates with implants should match a patient's overall figure. It should appear completely plausible that the breasts have not been surgically enhanced. I want for my patient's appearance to make others think "Wow - what a great figure", not "I wonder who her plastic surgeon is".
It is also important to discuss the following with your plastic surgeon, and research yourself this information before selecting a plastic surgeon
1. Cohesive silicone gel vs. saline breast implants
2. How many cc's? - deciding on implant volume
3. Incision locations
4. Subpectoral vs prepectoral implant position
5. Attention to detail in breast augmentation
6. Breast augmentation after pregnancy
7. Special considerations: asymmetry, tuberous/constricted breasts, etc
8. Recovery and downtime
9. Avoiding capsular contracture
10.Revisional breast augmentation surgery
Detailed information about each of the above items can be found on my website and on the website of other plastic surgeons who perform a great deal of breast augmentation surgery.
In order not have any surprises with the price of surgery, ask if there are additional potential chages for pre or post-operative visits, pain control devices,or garments. Be sure that there are no additional charges for office visits. There should never be a charge for an office visit if a patient has a concern. In fact, most plastic surgeons want to see you if you have a concern.Ask if the fee you have been given includes the O.R. staff , equipment and supplies including pain pumps, garments, and of course a board certified anesthesiologist.
Please do not make your decision on the plastic surgeon based on who has the lowest price without looking at the whole picture and taking your time researching to find the right plastic surgeon for you. Always, ask to see many, many photographs, speak to patients and ask your own physician about any plastic surgeon you are considering.
Of course, be sure your plastic surgeon is certified by the American Bard of Plastic Surgery, and ideally is a member of The American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
Try not to select your surgeon based on breast implant cost
The cost for breast augmentation will vary across the country and even vary within each city. The total cost of the procedure will include the surgeon's fees, the facility fees, the anesthesia fees, the implant fees and perhaps the lab fees. Each situation is different. Some surgeons may operate in their own office based operating room and others may do the surgery in a free standing surgery center. Some may use a nurse anesthetist while others an anesthesiologist. So many variables. Anyway, gererally speaking, the cost of silicone implants are about $1000 more than the cost of saline implants.
Cost of Breast Implants in Atlanta
At our office Saline Implants (per pair) are $700. For a pair of Silicone implants the cost is 1,600.00.
For the complete Breast Augmentation surgery our price at this time:
A Saline Breast Augmentation is $3,500.00.For a Silicone Breast Augmentation the price is $4,400.00. This pricing includes physician fee, anesthesia and facility costs and your Implants. All of your follow up visits are included as well.
Just choose wisely when deciding on a physician to perform your operation. Make sure the doctor is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Make sure the facility is a State Licensed facility and make sure there is an MD Anesthesiologist monitoring your anesthesia.
We have all of the above.
Remember, safety before beauty.
You might also like...
Cost of Implants
Thanks for your question -
Silicone implant pricing typically costs about $1000 more than saline implants. Most of this cost is the difference in price between silicone implants and saline.
The two major manufacturers of implants in the US (Mentor and Allergan) have similar pricing for the saline and silicone products.
Breast augmentation in the Bay Area (my practice is in the San Francisco area) ranges from about $6500 - $8000.
I hope this helps.
Breast Implant Costs
In looking at the a price quote for breast augmentation, you should consider many variables.
1. The Surgeon's Fee. This can vary widely depending on the experience and results and thus demand for that surgeon. This also sometimes depends on technique. For example, a sub-muscular placement of an implant is much faster and thus takes less work for the surgeon than a sub-fascial placement of the implant that takes twice as long.
2. The Implant. The breast implant price depends on using a saline, memory gel, or highly cohesive (gummybear) implants. Usually saline implants cost about $1,000 for a pair, memory gel $2,000, and highly cohesive $3,000. If fat is used instead of an implant, then usually a fat harvest charge is used instead of implant fee as liposuction supplies are used and the fat purified in a variety of methods. The size of the implant does not matter, only the type of implant. If a dermal matrix is needed then there is an additional charge (usually about $1,000). In revisions, often the same implant can be used which saves on the implant costs. If a breast lift alone is performed, then obviously there is no implant cost.
3. Anesthesia. This can vary as well. If a board certified anesthesiologist is used then the price is higher. If a CRNA (nurse anesthetist) then the price is lower. It is even lower when a doctor just uses a non-certified anesthetist nurse, or just a medical assistant to push the anesthetic drugs (yes, this actually does happen).
4. Facility Fee. This can vary if the surgeon is using a certified surgery center or hospital vs. his non-certified office.
These four components make the total price, so it is best to break these down so the patient knows exactly what she is getting.
Realself has an average cost for each city.
Pablo Prichard, MD
Here's the question you really need to ask...
See my post below.
Varies greatly on surgeon
How Much Do Silicone Breast Implants Cost?
Price for Silicone Breast Implants vary
1. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctors office? Geographical location also has a significant influence.
2. Type of Anesthesia - IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist or a nurse anesthetist be used, or an RN?
3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best trained (and longest) would be a surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how difficult will your surgery be and how long, etc . Will other procedures also be done like a breast lift, lipo on the sides of your breast/chest wall, etc be also performed?
Breast Implant Cost
That’s a wonderful question!
You’re absolutely right; pricing for implants themselves is a point of significant variability. In general, it's safe to assume the silicone implant pair or implants only, will be approximately $1000 more than saline implants.
In order to simplify things, it’s easiest to make sure you understand what the OVERALL cost of the procedure is, and what precisely it includes in terms of cost and expertise in your geographical region. Our range depending on your specific needs is $5,000 - $7,500. It should absolutely be all-inclusive, and the most influential factors include,
- Is this an actual Plastic Surgeon performing the operation?
- Is the plastic surgeon Fellowship Trained specifically in aesthetic plastic surgery?
- Does the surgeon hold privileges at a local hospital, as a Plastic Surgeon?
- Where will the surgery be performed? Hospital or certified outpatient surgery center?
- What type of anesthesia will be used? General versus local anesthesia?
Choose your surgeon based NOT only on price, but whether you feel he would truly walk you thru the process and can achieve your long-term aesthetic goals. Also, it is not unreasonable to ask to speak to prior patients, visit the surgical facility, and see before and after photos.
You should also keep in mind that your choice of plastic surgery practice and surgeon, should also be a long-term choice. Chances are that you may want further services for yourself, family, and friends and want to establish a place where you become a member of the family. So be sure you love the staff, and the overall feel of the office. This should be a long-term investment in your future.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.