How Much Do Silicone Breast Implants Cost?

I am considering breast augmention with silicone implants.  Please help me price out the average cost of silicone breast implants so i know what to expect.

How much do silicone breast implants cost?

+4
The most expensive surgeon may or may not be the ideal surgeon for you. "Lowball" pricing may often be an attempt to fill an empty O.R. schedule, which should be a concern, or may not be the inclusive cost of surgery.
In my practice, the price for breast augmentation is $7900.00 for Silicone breast implants. This price includes all pre and post-operative visits, pain control pump, a body garment, board certified anesthesiologist, operating room charges., etc.
When considering breast augmentation surgery, I believe that the most important question for a prospective patient to ask themselves is this: Am I seeking a natural-appearing result? If the answer is yes, then seek out a surgeon who has the same aesthetic sensibility that you have (and appropriate training and experience). And insist on seeing `before and after' photos. A lot of them.
I have never understood the desire on the part of patients or physicians (especially physicians) to create unnaturally large breasts. I see 'before and after' photos at plastic surgery meetings and I almost always find myself asking the question: What's the `big' idea?
I view breast augmentation as more than a breast enhancement surgery. It is a total body contouring surgery, and the breast profile that one creates with implants should match a patient's overall figure. It should appear completely plausible that the breasts have not been surgically enhanced. I want for my patient's appearance to make others think "Wow - what a great figure", not "I wonder who her plastic surgeon is".
It is also important to discuss the following with your plastic surgeon, and research yourself this information before selecting a plastic surgeon
1. Cohesive silicone gel vs. saline breast implants
2. How many cc's? - deciding on implant volume
3. Incision locations
4. Subpectoral vs prepectoral implant position
5. Attention to detail in breast augmentation
6. Breast augmentation after pregnancy
7. Special considerations: asymmetry, tuberous/constricted breasts, etc
8. Recovery and downtime
9. Avoiding capsular contracture
10.Revisional breast augmentation surgery
Detailed information about each of the above items can be found on my website and on the website of other plastic surgeons who perform a great deal of breast augmentation surgery.
In order not have any surprises with the price of surgery, ask if there are additional potential chages for pre or post-operative visits, pain control devices,or garments. Be sure that there are no additional charges for office visits. There should never be a charge for an office visit if a patient has a concern. In fact, most plastic surgeons want to see you if you have a concern.Ask if the fee you have been given includes the O.R. staff , equipment and supplies including pain pumps, garments, and of course a board certified anesthesiologist.
Please do not make your decision on the plastic surgeon based on who has the lowest price without looking at the whole picture and taking your time researching to find the right plastic surgeon for you. Always, ask to see many, many photographs, speak to patients and ask your own physician about any plastic surgeon you are considering.
Of course, be sure your plastic surgeon is certified by the American Bard of Plastic Surgery, and ideally is a member of The American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Try not to select your surgeon based on breast implant cost

+2

The cost for breast augmentation will vary across the country and even vary within each city. The total cost of the procedure will include the surgeon's fees, the facility fees, the anesthesia fees, the implant fees and perhaps the lab fees. Each situation is different. Some surgeons may operate in their own office based operating room and others may do the surgery in a free standing surgery center. Some may use a nurse anesthetist while others an anesthesiologist. So many variables. Anyway, gererally speaking, the cost of silicone implants are about $1000 more than the cost of saline implants.

Sanjay Grover, MD

Cost of Breast Implants in Atlanta

+2

At our office Saline Implants (per pair) are $700. For a pair of Silicone implants the cost is 1,600.00.

For the complete Breast Augmentation surgery our price at this time:

A Saline Breast Augmentation is $3,500.00.For a Silicone Breast Augmentation the price is $4,400.00. This pricing includes physician fee, anesthesia and facility costs and your Implants. All of your follow up visits are included as well.

Just choose wisely when deciding on a physician to perform your operation. Make sure the doctor is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Make sure the facility is a State Licensed facility and make sure there is an MD Anesthesiologist monitoring your anesthesia.

We have all of the above.

Remember, safety before beauty.

Cost of Implants

+2

Thanks for your question -

Silicone implant pricing typically costs about $1000 more than saline implants. Most of this cost is the difference in price between silicone implants and saline.

The two major manufacturers of implants in the US (Mentor and Allergan) have similar pricing for the saline and silicone products.

Breast augmentation in the Bay Area (my practice is in the San Francisco area) ranges from about $6500 - $8000.

Steven H. Williams, MD

Here's the question you really need to ask...

+1
What am I getting for my money and why do people charge different amounts for a service such as a breast augmentation?

See my post below.

Brian K. Brzowski, MD
Ogden Plastic Surgeon

Varies greatly on surgeon

+1
Pricing really depends on the surgeon and city in which your surgeon is located. In Toronto, this can range from $7000 to $9500. Note that the cost of your implant is determined by type (saline or silicone, with silicone being more expensive) and brand (Mentor or Allergan) but size does not really affect the cost. Other factors that affect price include the anesthesia, surgical centre fees and your surgeon's fees. 

Jerome Edelstein, MD

+1
In the Tampa Bay region, the cost for Silicone Breast Implants is $1,600. The estimated cost for bilateral breast augmentation with silicone implants is between $5,000 and $6,500. This includes the cost of surgery, silicone implants, anesthesia and operating room.

Jeremy A. Benedetti, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Price for Silicone Breast Implants vary

+1
First to be safe make sure you choose a board certified plastic surgeon. Please verify. Breast Augmentation prices vary greatly and run between $6000- $12,000  because the surgery itself encompasses a wide range of techniques that can be performed to different extents. It might be possible to meet your price point but be careful that this does not mean a less experience surgeon and therefore less quality surgery. My recommendation is to first find qualified surgeons that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery you trust, then compare prices between them. Factors that influence the price include:

1. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctors office? Geographical location also has a significant influence.

2. Type of Anesthesia - IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist or a nurse anesthetist be used, or an RN?

3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best trained (and longest) would be a surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how difficult will your surgery be and how long, etc . Will other procedures also be done like a breast lift, lipo on the sides of your breast/chest wall, etc be also performed?

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Breast Implant Cost

+1

That’s a wonderful question!

You’re absolutely right; pricing for implants themselves is a point of significant variability. In general, it's safe to assume the silicone implant pair or implants only, will be approximately $1000 more than saline implants.

In order to simplify things, it’s easiest to make sure you understand what the OVERALL cost of the procedure is, and what precisely it includes in terms of cost and expertise in your geographical region. Our range depending on your specific needs is $5,000 - $7,500. It should absolutely be all-inclusive, and the most influential factors include,

• Is this an actual Plastic Surgeon performing the operation?
  • Is the plastic surgeon Fellowship Trained specifically in aesthetic plastic surgery?
  • Does the surgeon hold privileges at a local hospital, as a Plastic Surgeon?
  • Where will the surgery be performed? Hospital or certified outpatient surgery center?
  • What type of anesthesia will be used? General versus local anesthesia?

Choose your surgeon based NOT only on price, but whether you feel he would truly walk you thru the process and can achieve your long-term aesthetic goals. Also, it is not unreasonable to ask to speak to prior patients, visit the surgical facility, and see before and after photos.

You should also keep in mind that your choice of plastic surgery practice and surgeon, should also be a long-term choice. Chances are that you may want further services for yourself, family, and friends and want to establish a place where you become a member of the family. So be sure you love the staff, and the overall feel of the office. This should be a long-term investment in your future.

Carlos O. Chacon, MD, MBA

Silicone Breast Implants Are About $1,000 to $1,500 More Than Saline Implants & Surgery Ranges Anywhere from $4,000 to $12,000

+1

Recent statistics published by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery indicate that the average surgeon fee for breast augmentation  surgery is $3,535.  This fee does not cover the cost of the implants nor does it include the facility fee or the anesthesia fee.  When silicone implants are used instead of saline implants, the additional cost may be between $1,000 and $1,500 more.  As with any cosmetic procedure, the cost varies from surgeon to surgeon and geographic location to geographic location.  In general, across the United States, one would expect to find a range for augmentation with saline implants between $4,000 and $12,000.  If silicone implants were used, then the cost would increase by $1,000 by $1,500.

John J. Edney, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon