How Much Weight Do Breast Implants Add?

I'm 5'7", 160 lbs, and I want to go to a 36D cup size. I'd like to know how much weight I'll gain once I have breast implants.

How much do breast implants weigh?

To answer this question, I'd need to know what size implants you are getting and whether they were saline or silicone gel. You can do the math like this:

1. Add the numbers of ccs in your right and left implants.
2. If you have saline implants, multiply the resulting number by .0325 (the weight of one ounce of saline). If they are silicone, multiply by .0375. 
3. Add 1.5 (the weight of the 2 implant shells in ounces).
4. Divide by 16 (to convert from ounces to pounds).

This is when you are glad you paid attention in high school math! 

As an example, if you have 400 cc saline implants, they would add 1.72 pounds to your body.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

2375 Woodward Street
Philadelphia, PA 19115

The Amount of Weight Gain is Dependent Upon the Size of Breast Implants Used

It’s not unusual for prospective breast augmentation patients to worry about the weight of their new breast implants. They worry that breast enlargement may create some of the symptoms that are frequently associated with breast hypertrophy such as back and neck pain.

The amount of weight gain that occurs following breast augmentation is dependent upon the size of the breast implants utilized. In general terms, one cc equals one gram and there are 454 grams in a pound. Therefore, two 450 cc implants would result in a two pound weight gain.

Implants in this size range are easily tolerated by most patients and aren’t associated with back or neck pain. This is especially true when implants are placed beneath the muscle. Under these circumstances, the muscle provides added support for the implant. 

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

8900 West Dodge Road
Omaha, NE 68114

How much do implants weigh?

I agree with the doctor. So you can do the calculations yourself:

1000 cc=2.2 pounds

Take the cc volume of the implant and multiply by 2.2. Divide that number by 1000 and this equals the weight, in pounds, of the implant. For example, 350cc implant. Multiply by 2.2 equals 770. Divide 770 by 1000, equals 0.77 pounds.

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

969 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10028

It is a matter of volume

By and large a 250cc implant will weigh approximately 1/2 pound. We measure in the metric system and a basic correlation is 2.2 pounds per kilogram or liter. Silicone implants are less dense than water and actually weigh a little less by mass. Unless you are augmented with pretty large implants, your weight won't change that much.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

8530 W Sunset Rd
Las Vegas, NV 89113