How Many Pulses Are Required During Ultrashape Treatment?

I am having my abdomen and saddlebags done and I have heard that I should be wrapped all the way around and there should be at least 1000 pulses in the ultrashape treatment - is this true?

UltraShape uses "zones" rather than pulses

UltraShape uses focal treatment “zones”. (They are referred to as FTZs) to determine the number of pulses. Each focal treatment zones equals up to 100 pulses. The machine automatically calculates the pulses needed. You will see the pulses displayed on the screen as dots. The technician will target the dots. The only way the technician can give you fewer pulses than you should get is if they do not treat all of the dots located on the screen. The technician has no incentive to cheat you on the number of pulses because the doctor’s office is charged by the FTZs and not by the number of pulses. However, if you do not trust your doctor or provider, I suggest you find another medical practice that you feel more comfortable in.

Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Number of UltraShape Pulses

The number of UltraShape pulses is determined by the size of the area to be treated.  In addition, certain treatments may involve treating areas with more than one pass which would increase the total number of pulses.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Number of UltraShape Pulses

The way the body is set up for your UltraShape is very important in order to ensure a proper, successful treatment. Essentially the more fat cells that can be fit into the treatment area- the better. The number of pulses used would depend on the size of the individual patients body. Your technician will be able to work with you in order to achieve optimal results!

Dennis Gross, MD

UltraShape body contour

UltraShape body contour permanently removes stubborn fat deposits in individuals of normal weight with a healthy diet who exercise regularly.  The number of pulses depends on the size of the area being treated. With experienced technicians, you can expect great results with UltraShape. 

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Hello Julie,

With Ultrashape the number of pulses will depend on the size of the area to be covered. To have good treatment results the technician should prepare the treatment area well, by marking and bunching the fat bulge. You will need 3 treatments spaced out by 2-4 weeks and on average should lose 3-6cm in circumference. Studioes have shown consistent results with UltraShape when the treatments are done in a center with experienced staff.

Arie Benchetrit, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon