How Many Botox Units for 11's or Frown Lines?

I received 20 units of Botox yesterday. Now I think I may have been cheated, he just wanted to get his $256 and the 20 units he injected were not nearly enough to get "rid" of the moderate/severe "11's" on my forehead. What is the average amount of units needed for this?

One day after injection is not enough time to see Botox results.

+7

If you just received your Botox injection yesterday, you would not expect to see any results yet as it has only been one day since your treatment. To see the effects of the Botox it takes on average 3-5 days from the injection day. The complete results are usually noted at about 7 days.

The average amount of Botox used for the “11” lines between the eyebrows is around 20-25 units for a female. Males will usually require more units as their facial muscles are often thicker and stronger. Ultimately the number of units you need depends on the size and strength of your corrugator muscles.

We tell our patients to call us between 10-14 days if there is any question as to their results. We will then bring them back in for after pictures to compare the results and perform a touch-up procedure if necessary.

Web reference: http://www.danmillsmd.com/

Botox takes several days to start working

+6

I can understand your frustration. However, you state that you just had the Botox yesterday. It will take 3 to 7 stays for it to start working and sometimes up to 2 weeks for the final effect. So, please be patient to see the effect.

However, it does usually take between 20 to 30 units for the glabella (your "11's") area. It takes another 15 to 25 units for your forehead and another 2.5 to 5 units for around each eye (crow's feet).

I hope this is helpful.

Botox today gone tomorrow.

+5

Angy,

You seem to have a real distrust for your injecting physician. There is no reason for a practitioner to "cheat" you. The effects of Botox are temporary, lasting only 3 or 4 months, so you will undoubtedly need future treatments. Your injector certainly wants you to be a satisfied customer, to keep you coming back for more treatments. Don't be so skeptical, trust your physician, especially if he/she is a board certified plastic surgeon. Twenty units is a perfectly reasonable amount for your frown line area and may take up to a week to take effect.

Botox 25 to 30 Units is Best Frown Line or 11's Treatment

+3

Wait two weeks to evaluate your Botox result. If after two weeks yiou see nothing go back and see your doctor. It takes at least 4 days to see a result after Botox treatment.

I have had many patients respond well to 15-20 Units of Botox. However in patients with thicker skin and large muscle and in patients who have had Botox before I now use 25-30 Units for best effect.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/boston-botox/how-to-use-botox-boston-botox/

Botox injection for forhead

+3

It may take up to two weeks to have the full effect of the Botox on your  frown lines. You will most likely see more improvement

If you can still re-create the lines, all it means is that you either needed more units of Botox injected or you did not have it injected in the right location.

I routinely see patients two weeks post injection to determine if a "touch up" is needed and also to learn how I can do it better for that particular patient the next time.

Dr. Sajjadian

It takes 2 weeks to see the maximum benefit from Botox.

+3

I assume you are talking about the vertical lines between your eyebrows. We call this the glabella.

I personally use 25 units for women in this area and more for men. But many doctors use 20 units, so this is perfectly proper. Of course, exactly where along the muscles the Botox is injected makes a big difference.

You will probably be quite happy in a few days.

Botox units

+2

The average amount of Botox used for the “11” lines between the eyebrows is around 20-25 units for women. Men will usually require more units as their facial muscles are often thicker and stronger.  But each person is unique and your doctor will consult with you prior.

"Dr.D"

Web reference: http://www.capefearaesthetics.com/details/botox-12/

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Too early to judge results

+2

I also use 20 units as a standard treatment for glabellar frown lines ("11's").  It usually takes 3-4 days to see any effect, and 7-10 days to reach maximum.  If, at the end of that time, you have not achieved the results you desire, it may be that your creases are so deep and have been there so long, you may need a small amount of filler (e.g. Juvederm) to finish the job.  It is not uncommon to have to use the two products together.

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Losing our "11's" With Botox

+2

The furrows that form over time between the eyebrows (also known as the "11's" or glabella area) is one of the most common indications for Botox, and often gives the best results. The amount of Botox required depends on you and the size of your muscles. Doses of 20-30 units can achieve excellent results in this area in women, while men often require more. It takes about 2 weeks to see the full effect, and sometimes a touch up is required to make sure you are getting the best response. I generally ask my patients to return 2 weeks after treatment to ensure they have achieved the results they're looking for.

Austin Dermatologic Surgeon

Cheated on the Botox?

+2

I agree that the average femail requires at least 25 units to treat the vertical forehead lines.  But some require more than this.  Chances are that you were not short changed by your doctor.

Web reference: http://www.kassmd.com

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon