How Long Does It Take to See Full Results of Pearl Laser Treatment?

I had the Pearl Laser treatment last week for minor acne scaring. My skin looks great overall...but the scars are still there. Is this the "final product"? Or will it take a lot longer to see the final results?

Pearl laser improves color better than texture

+2

Pearl is an excellent option for quickly improving discolorations from sun damage. While it will help acne scars a little, it has never been the best.

Fractional CO2 or fully ablative dermabrasion improve acne scars better because they go deeper and the CO2 generates more heat which improves the scars over the next 6-12 months.

The new Pearl fractional is likely a better option for acne scars than the original Pearl, but I have no personal experience to attest to that possibility. The Pearl results, in my experience, max out at about one month.

New Orleans Dermatologist

Pearl laser not really for acne scarring

+1

The Pearl laser is excellent for skin discoloration resulting from sun damage. It is an office treatment with very modest pain. I have treated over a hundred patients and not one time did I have to suspend treatment because of pain. The skin resurfaces in 4 to 5 days. I permit exercise immediately. Most patients benefit from 2 treatments, but occasionally 1 will do.

Pearl Laser Results

+1

Pearl can take up to 3 months to see the final result. For our patients with acne scarring, we prefer using the Pearl Fractional. The Fractional makes tiny holes into the dermis and forces a new growth of collagen, therefore, plumping the acne scars and making them appear less visible and sometimes completely gone. The Pearl will give you some result because it builds collagen as well, but you need a laser that works a little deeper in the skin. The Pearl works on more superficial skin issues.

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon