3 months after lipo I have a knot on my stomach & hips, massage it 3 times a day. Is it normal? (Photo)

My Dr. said it's swollen the last I went to see him. I'm to the point where I don't feel its still swollen that this is something else. I do still wear my garment threw out the day or at night when I sleep. What should I do I want to get this fixed its so ugly.

Knot 3 months after liposuction

+2
Knots - firm, hard swellings - are 
  • common in this area after liposuction,
  • will go away with time,
  • will go away faster with dilute steroid injections
  • I offer this to all my patients, injections 6 weeks apart.

3 months after lipo I have a knot on my stomach & hips, massage it 3 times a day. Is it normal?

+1
Feeling knots after liposuction is common and should go away with time but it takes patience.  Typically swelling takes about 3 months to go down but the knots can take longer.  Keep an eye on it and follow up with your surgeon if it doesn't resolve within a year.  ac
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

+1
In my opinion, the end point of liposuction can vary from patient to patient and can be as long as 6-8 months.  The knots may be post operative scarring, swelling, inflammatory reaction, etc.  I do think it is too early to tell, at least from the limited information presented here.  I recommend you continue to communicate with your surgeon.  Surgery is controlled by the surgeon while healing and recovery has much to do with nature and the patient's own body.  Good luck and be safe.

John T. Nguyen, MD, FACS, FICS
Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon 
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

#postliposuctiondefects

+1
if the "knot" like swelling is not completely resolved in another 6 months or so you must return to your doctor for a possible touch-up lipo. it might be an area that needs more liposuction in order to smooth it out. 80% of my practice is based on correcting post-liposuction defects and it can take more than one procedure to have it fixed

Web reference: http://www.misbahkhanmd.com/before-after.html

+1
Might try ThermiTight RF or other RF or even CoolSculpt area to destroy any fat or scar internally. But best to seek second opinions IN PERSON, very hard to be sure what is going on without IN PERSON examination...