Does Botox Work on Horizontal Forehead Creases?

I am 38 years old. I am desperate to find a non-invasive procedure to help reduce the lines going accross my forehead. I have four (two are very small) but am very depressed about how old I feel I look because of them. Does Botox work on this type of crease?

Botox is fantastic for forehead lines but consider skin care too

Botox treatment for dynamic wrinkles on the forehead is a great option for achieving a more youthful and relaxed appearance.

Another thing to consider is skin care. Products like Retin-A and alpha hydroxy acids help the skin to turn over more rapidly, thereby improving skin quality. They help reduce finer wrinkles and take the edge off of deeper wrinkles.

Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

3 Washington Circle NW
Washington, DC 20037

Botox is an excellent choice for softening of these...

Botox is an excellent choice for softening of these forehead lines, but it's important to have a surgeon perform the procedure who understands the amount of Botox that will be effective as well as the pattern of injection to use. If the procedure is not done properly, it can leave you with an uneven position of your eyebrows or even drooping of your eyebrow or eyelid. So as with any procedure, do your homework, ask to see some Before and After photos, and pick the doctor whom you feel the most comfortable with.

Shahram Salemy, MD, FACS

1101 Madison Street
Seattle, WA 98104

Botox works beautifully for transverse forehead rhytids...

Botox works beautifully for transverse forehead rhytids - brow wrinkes.

You should be treated by a qualified injector; I would suggest a plastic surgeon, as they generally understand facial muscle anatomy better than other providers.

You can expect the result to last 3-5 months, and then a retreatment will be needed if you like the result and wish it to continue. It should cost you about $400-500 per session, depending on where you are treated and by whom.

Scott Sattler MD FACS

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

4915 25 th Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98105

Botox is Great for forehead wrinkles

Botox is idea for forehead wrinkles but it may not always take away all of the fine lines that are part of the skin.  Balancing the muscles of the forehead with selective and artfully placed Botox will calm the wrinkles. Add proper skin care products and facials to enhance the quality of your skin.  Use a reflective sun block daily to prevent solar damage to the skin and complement these products with a healthy diet and exercise regime.  

Jeffrey S. Rosenthal, MD
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

140 Sherman Street
Fairfield, CT 06824

Botox on Horizontal Forehead Creases

Absolutely nothing to be depressed about, over time, each one of us will get visible lines and wrinkles on areas like our face, neck, the backs of our hands, and décolletage; they’re a natural part of the aging process. But our philosophy is: the earlier you start treating these visible signs of aging, the less pronounced they’ll be—and the younger you’ll look…for longer (and the more confident you’ll feel).
We can reduce and prevent these facial expression lines, especially the horizontal lines by treating the muscles through injectables like Botox in the most natural-looking way.

Dennis Gross, MD

900 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10021

Botox for forehead lines

Botox can be very effective to soften the horizontal lines of the face.  However, if the lines are still present when you are not making any facial expression (i.e. static lines), then I would consider using a thin dermal filler such as Restylane Silk to soften the lines. 

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

5061 FM 2920
Spring, TX 77388

Addressing horizontal forehead headlines.

Botox is one of the treatments that works very well for this particular area.

As simple, and common of a procedure as this is, the decision to undergo a medical intervention should not be taken lightly. When properly executed, Botox injections can be an important adjunct in positively impacting the cosmetic appearance of someone's face.

Consult a board-certified facial plastic surgeon or a general plastic surgeon in your community for this matter.

William Numa, MD, FACS
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

38 Newbury Street
Boston, MA 02116

Forehead wrinkles--Botox works like a charm!!

Botox is excellent treatment option for small forehead wrinkles.  If, after several Botox treatments, you are not happy with the amount of wrinkle reduction, you made need to undergo laser facial resurfacing in order to improve the stubborn problematic area.

Clyde Mathison, MD
Knoxville Otolaryngologist

1450 Dowell Springs Blvd
Knoxville, TN 37909

Botox for the forehead

Botox works very well on the horizontal lines of the forehead.  In fact, I would say that it works best in this area.

Gary Lawton, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

525 Oak Centre Drive
San Antonio, TX 78258

Botox for the Forehead

It's not unusual for patients to request treatment of  horizontal forehead wrinkles. These wrinkles are caused by contraction of the frontalis muscle which is an elevator of the brow. When botox is strategically injected in the forehead, relaxation of this muscle occurs. This results in significant improvement in forehead wrinkles.

This treatment is associated with dramatic clinical improvement and high levels of patient satisfaction. If you're concerned about transverse forehead wrinkles botox is an excellent treatment option.

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

8900 West Dodge Road
Omaha, NE 68114