Does Botox Work on Horizontal Forehead Creases?

I am 38 years old. I am desperate to find a non-invasive procedure to help reduce the lines going accross my forehead. I have four (two are very small) but am very depressed about how old I feel I look because of them. Does Botox work on this type of crease?

Botox is fantastic for forehead lines but consider skin care too

+3

Botox treatment for dynamic wrinkles on the forehead is a great option for achieving a more youthful and relaxed appearance.

Another thing to consider is skin care. Products like Retin-A and alpha hydroxy acids help the skin to turn over more rapidly, thereby improving skin quality. They help reduce finer wrinkles and take the edge off of deeper wrinkles.

Reston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox is an excellent choice for softening of these...

+2

Botox is an excellent choice for softening of these forehead lines, but it's important to have a surgeon perform the procedure who understands the amount of Botox that will be effective as well as the pattern of injection to use. If the procedure is not done properly, it can leave you with an uneven position of your eyebrows or even drooping of your eyebrow or eyelid. So as with any procedure, do your homework, ask to see some Before and After photos, and pick the doctor whom you feel the most comfortable with.

Botox works beautifully for transverse forehead rhytids...

+2

Botox works beautifully for transverse forehead rhytids - brow wrinkes.

You should be treated by a qualified injector; I would suggest a plastic surgeon, as they generally understand facial muscle anatomy better than other providers.

You can expect the result to last 3-5 months, and then a retreatment will be needed if you like the result and wish it to continue. It should cost you about $400-500 per session, depending on where you are treated and by whom.

Yours,
Scott Sattler MD FACS

Web reference: http://www.scottsattlermd.com

Botox is an excellent choice for horizontal forehead wrinkles

+1
Botox is an excellent choice and will help you.
At 38, you may not need any more than about 8 -10 units of Botox.
As a part of maintaining your skin health high grade cosmeceuticals can help maintain the youthful appearance of the skin. It is best you consult with a Doctor who can offer all the options so that you get a holistic and balanced view
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

BOTOX® alone or with other treatments is great for forehead wrinkles.

+1
Although there are a lot of uses for BOTOX®, the forehead area is one place where this treatment really shines. Forehead creases are dynamic wrinkles that are typically caused by repeated muscle movements, and this is what BOTOX® was designed to treat—specifically, by temporarily paralyzing those muscles. However, very deep creases may require some additional complementary treatments, such as dermal fillers or resurfacing. For any use of BOTOX®, it’s very important to use a skilled injector, as the injection process is more complex than it might seem and needs an experienced hand for the best results.
Tampa General Surgeon

Botox does work on horizontal forehead creases

+1
Botox works quite well for horizontal forehead creases when injected into the frontalis  muscle. The injection in this area tends to last from about 4-6 months, depending upon the strength of the muscle and how much was injected.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Botox Work on Horizontal Forehead Creases

+1

Botox works great the right amount should be between 25-30 un its. Botox is a quick and minimally invasive procedure consisting of a few tiny injections.

Web reference: http://www.drjsalomon.com/botox_collagen.asp

You can count on it...

+1

this is a perfect area for botox...and since they're relatively small if you keep up with the botox they'll never progress to be an issue...don't wait...just get do it...and be happy

Botox for Horizontal Forehead Creases

+1

Thanks for the great question -- don't be depressed, there are great options available! In short, yes, Botox can soften the horizontal forehead lines. These are caused by the activity (or overactivity) of the frontalis muscle.  Multiple, small, targeted injections into this muscles will soften the creases in the forehead and give you a smoother, younger look.  If this is your first treatment, I recommend starting with a low dose and seeing how you like the effects. Best of luck!

Web reference: http://www.sanfranciscofacialplasticsurgery.com/botox-cosmetic-and-dysport.php

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox is the best solution for forehead wrinkles!

+1

Please don't be depressed. Botox is the ideal and simple solution for forehead wrinkles.  When I started practicing and Botox was discovered it was truly revolutionary.  Previous to Botox people would undergo brow lift procedures which is a very invasive surgical procedure. Botox works around the eyes, the glabella area, and the neck wrinkles as well.  Just find an experienced board certified dermatologist for your treatment.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.