Does Botox Work on Horizontal Forehead Creases?

I am 38 years old. I am desperate to find a non-invasive procedure to help reduce the lines going accross my forehead. I have four (two are very small) but am very depressed about how old I feel I look because of them. Does Botox work on this type of crease?

Botox is fantastic for forehead lines but consider skin care too

+3

Botox treatment for dynamic wrinkles on the forehead is a great option for achieving a more youthful and relaxed appearance.

Another thing to consider is skin care. Products like Retin-A and alpha hydroxy acids help the skin to turn over more rapidly, thereby improving skin quality. They help reduce finer wrinkles and take the edge off of deeper wrinkles.

Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox is an excellent choice for softening of these...

+2

Botox is an excellent choice for softening of these forehead lines, but it's important to have a surgeon perform the procedure who understands the amount of Botox that will be effective as well as the pattern of injection to use. If the procedure is not done properly, it can leave you with an uneven position of your eyebrows or even drooping of your eyebrow or eyelid. So as with any procedure, do your homework, ask to see some Before and After photos, and pick the doctor whom you feel the most comfortable with.

Shahram Salemy, MD, FACS

Botox works beautifully for transverse forehead rhytids...

+2

Botox works beautifully for transverse forehead rhytids - brow wrinkes.

You should be treated by a qualified injector; I would suggest a plastic surgeon, as they generally understand facial muscle anatomy better than other providers.

You can expect the result to last 3-5 months, and then a retreatment will be needed if you like the result and wish it to continue. It should cost you about $400-500 per session, depending on where you are treated and by whom.

Yours,
Scott Sattler MD FACS

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Botox can not only help but prevent forehead lines

+1
Yes, Botox is great for dynamic wrinkles, but Botox can also help prevent forehead lines from forming. Over time, with repeated injection, static lines (pre-existing lines) can also soften. As Dr Galli suggest, don't forget your skin care regime of vitamin As, Bs, and Cs as well as AHAs and Lactic acids. 
First time users of Botox may get a transient headache in this area, but it disappears after the first treatment. Expect the results to last 3-5 months. Oh, another thing... you will sweat less in this area as well!

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Botox for Forehead Lines

+1
Botox helps to soften the lines in your frown area and forehead. The exact treatment designed for you will be determined in consultation with your cosmetic physician. If the wrinkle is permanent, even when your face is relaxed, you may also require filler.

I also recommend seeing a medical aesthetician and skincare expert who may be able to help reduce the appearance of those wrinkles with another option. Laser skin treatments or micro needling may help.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Botox is an excellent choice for horizontal forehead wrinkles

+1
Botox is an excellent choice and will help you.
At 38, you may not need any more than about 8 -10 units of Botox.
As a part of maintaining your skin health high grade cosmeceuticals can help maintain the youthful appearance of the skin. It is best you consult with a Doctor who can offer all the options so that you get a holistic and balanced view

Naveen Somia, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

BOTOX® alone or with other treatments is great for forehead wrinkles.

+1
Although there are a lot of uses for BOTOX®, the forehead area is one place where this treatment really shines. Forehead creases are dynamic wrinkles that are typically caused by repeated muscle movements, and this is what BOTOX® was designed to treat—specifically, by temporarily paralyzing those muscles. However, very deep creases may require some additional complementary treatments, such as dermal fillers or resurfacing. For any use of BOTOX®, it’s very important to use a skilled injector, as the injection process is more complex than it might seem and needs an experienced hand for the best results.

Joseph J. Castellano, MD
Tampa General Surgeon

Botox does work on horizontal forehead creases

+1
Botox works quite well for horizontal forehead creases when injected into the frontalis  muscle. The injection in this area tends to last from about 4-6 months, depending upon the strength of the muscle and how much was injected.

Botox Work on Horizontal Forehead Creases

+1

Botox works great the right amount should be between 25-30 un its. Botox is a quick and minimally invasive procedure consisting of a few tiny injections.

Jhonny Salomon, MD

You can count on it...

+1

this is a perfect area for botox...and since they're relatively small if you keep up with the botox they'll never progress to be an issue...don't wait...just get do it...and be happy

Ken Landow, MD