Hooded Eyelid on One Eye? (photo)

Last night my friend and I were looking at our eyes and we both had standard. This morning I woke up and when I looked one was standard and one had a fold on it and I was wondering if its temporary or if it's gonna stay like that, or what I could do to fix it? What exactly it is???

Small extra lid wrinkling

+2

These little differences are "normal" and vary during the course of a day, and from day to day. You have beautiful eyes!! I'd suggest you leave them alone. This might sound heretical, but plastic surgery is not the answer for everything.

Hooded lids?

+1

I think your eyes are beautiful as is... but if the fold really is bothersome, see a local plastic surgeon who can help your review the options for tightening your upper lid skin.  Lasers can help but the results may only be temporizing.

Hooded Eyelid on One Eye?

+1

This is an acceptable variant in your upper eyelid anatomy. Each side has slightly differing issues. Best to leave alone. 

Eyelid asymmetry

+1

Sometimes when patients wake up in the morning they will have some eyelid swelling that can change the folds of the skin. This can sometimes lead to variable skin folds from day to day.

If you notice this is  a more constant problem, then a very conservative skin excision blepharoplasty would help the symmetry.

See a surgeon with significant experience in eyelid surgery.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Hooded and asymmetrical upper eyelids

+1

The picture does show asymmetrical eyelids with the patient's left eyelid more  occluded than the right upper lid. An asymmetrical upper blepharoplasty with slightly more skin removed from the patient's left eyelid  than the right would address this issue make the eyelids look symmetrical. Alternatively,  you could do just a left-sided skin only removal to try to balance with  the patient's right side

Web reference: http://eyelids.com