Aftercare For Upper Bleph?

I had upper blep yesterday, please advise me how to take care of my eyes they are sore and swollen and my vision is burry but I think from the ointment... Thanks

Post Operative Care After Blepharoplasty

+1

The most common post operative care for upper and lower blepharoplasty is certainly natural tears such as Refresh Plus. It is hypoallergenic and preservative-free. It can be used 3 drops, 5-6 times per day. In general, for upper and lower blepharoplasty, I have my patients use Refresh PM. If one does not have full eyelid closure, then use Refresh PM which is hypoallergenic as well.

Blepharoplasty Post-Care

+1

Hi Brigette,

Pre-procedure, all possible complications & post-care should be discussed with your surgeon prior to surgery however some tips include; swelling, bruising, and discoloration are normal.  Swelling will usually increase for 48 hours and then subside.  Use ice water compresses fifteen minutes per hour for 48 hours after surgery and do not do any strenuous exercise for two weeks. It is important you schedule a post-up 24 hours after your surgery.  I hope this helps.

Dr. Daniel Ritacca

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Postoperative care of upper blepharoplasty

+1

Your surgeon is the best person to guide you in the days following an upper blepharoplasty.  General measures include the application of ice packs, head elevation, avoidance of salty foods.  It is normal to have mild discomfort, but significant pain should lead you to call your surgeon immediately.

John Q. Cook, MD

Call your surgeons office

+1

Honestly, immediate postop questions should be directed to your surgeon. Your surgeon and/or the office staff should discuss postoperative with you before surgery and then after surgery, preferably with a caregiver that is driving you home.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Upper Blepharoplasty After Care Instructions

+1

Your surgeon should appropriately guide your perioperative care, both before and after surgery. Upper eyelid surgery does not require as much after care as compared to facelift, browlift, or neck lift. The link below provide instructions that I provide patients, but each surgeon will have variations. In addition, after surgery care will be modified to the needs of each specific patient during the healing process, which only your surgeon may assist with. Best of luck.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Care after eyelid surgery

+1

The best person to answer this question is your surgeon.  Please give him/her a call.  What you are experiencing now is normal for the time period after surgery.

Joseph N. Togba, MD
Oakland Plastic Surgeon

Post-op blepharoplasty care

+1

I think the best thing for you to do is to discuss this with your surgeon since every surgeon is a bit different in terms of post-op instructions.

Blepharoplasty post op Care

+1

You should call your surgeon to get specific post op instructions. General instructions would include keeping your head elevated, applying ice packs to the eyes for the first 48 to 72 hours. Take any prescriptions as directed on the bottle. Avoid strenuous activity or exercise.

Lisa M. DiFrancesco, MD

After care for upper blepharoplasty

+1

You should really contact your surgeon to see what instructions he or she may want you to follow.  Your surgeon has the most information in regards to your particular procedure, so would be the best person to answer your question.  For most routine blepharoplasty, the after care would include keeping your head elevated above your chest, using ice packs to help keep the swelling down, and avoiding any strenuous activity.  Your surgeon may want you to follow different or additional instructions.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon