What Can I Do About a New Fold in my Eyelid? (photo)

Two weeks ago my left eyelid got an extra crease in it that hasn't gone away since. Not only does it look extremely strange, it's very uncomfortable and makes feel heavy to open all the way. Is there anything I can do to make it go back to normal? I've been using an eye wrinkle cream that hasn't seemed to help. It is usually normal for about an hour after I wake up, but once the "morning puffiness" goes away it's back to an extra eyelid. Any advice would be appreciated!

Eyelid folds

+1
I almost always obtain a mammogram preoperatively except for very young patients. If the mammogram is positive a biopsy is always needed and breast reduction surgery is delayed. Not all cancers may show up on a mammogram though, and only by sending all of the breast tissue that is removed during a breast reduction surgery to the pathologist can it be discovered

Asymmetrical eyelids

+1

The photographs show asymmetrical eyelids including brow position, eyelid position and fat in the upper eyelid compartments. Surgery would be the only option to make these  eyelids appear more symmetrical. There is no creams or lotions that will make this look any better.

Web reference: http://eyelids.com

Eyelid asymmetry

+1

A combination of factors are in play here:

Mild right upper eyelid ptosis [droop] with a resultant brow recruitment to compensate. This makes your right eyebrow slightly higher.

Furthermore, as we age, we tend to lose volume in the brow/eyelid region which also deflates the eyelid skin, leading to more lid creases/folds.

Consult with an ASOPRS trained Oculoplastic surgeon would be helpful.
See link below.

Web reference: http://www.asoprs.org/custom/directory/?pageid=3657&showTitle=1

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Upper eyelid fold

+1

Thank you for your question and picture. While upper eyelid blepharoplasty (eyelid lift) is the definitive answer, you can try Botox to elevate your brows and lift some of that skin as well as give your brow a better arched shape. Best of luck. 

Eyelid ptosis and skin fold

+1

The problem is not the fold in your left upper eyelid but lack of fold in the right upper eyelid, which is due to droopy right upper eyelid (ptosis) which causes for eyebrow to be higher on the same side in order to help lift the droopy upper eyelid, which causes the upper eyelid skin on that side to be stretched and less obvious than the good side.  The treatment would actually be right upper eyelid ptosis surgery.  See an oculoplastic surgeon for evaluation.

Web reference: http://www.tabanmd.com/ptosis-droopy-upper-eyelid

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon