Are my shoulder acne scars permanent? No treatment works (Photo)

I'm 23 year old male and had this back and shoulder acne situation for many years. Went to derma last year and he said I think it was acne scars or something.... and it came form all whey powder or any gym related drink I drank and should stopped. He put me on Cefalexin (Keflex) twice a day and b wash In the shower daily. it has gotten it better but is it really due to whey powders? also anyway to remove it for good?

Hyperpigmentation

+1
Thank you for posting pictures to help us accurately visualize your condition. It appears you have areas of hyperpigmentation that can be minimized with either a series of chemical peels or a resurfacing laser like Fraxel. In addition we would recommend a combo of glycolic acid and a bleaching agent to be used in between in-office treatments.

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon