How Long After a Tummy Tuck Can U pick Up a 50 Lbs Bag- I Work for the Airline

I'm a smoker I have not smoked after the op but I'm healing well but I'm having pain and brusing on my back and I'm wearing my (faja) grament its been 1month when am I going to feel normal and be able to pick a bag that's 50 lbs or go to the beach ?

Heavy lifting after a tummy tuck

+2

I usually recommend patients wait up to six weeks before lifting anything heavy, especially 50 pounds. Some patients may not be ready even by the six week time, so you should consult with your plastic surgeon for specific guidelines regarding your particular case. In general, if you're lifting something and it hurts, you should stop lifting.

Dr.Bruno

Time off post Tummy Tucj for Airline employee

+1
Each surgeon has his or her own guidelines for postoperative care. Patients generally can return to light activity 7 to 10 post surgery. More strenuous activity can generally begin 2 to 6 months post surgery. Consult your surgeon has he or she understands the scope of the surgery and the specifics about you.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Lifting heavy weights after tummy tuck

+1

Thank you for your question. If muscle repair was done during your tummy Tuck I usually recommend 6-8 weeks before heavy lifting but you must be examined by your plastic surgeon and specifically asked the Dr. for advice. It is important that you follow the guidelines set up by your plastic surgeon.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Heavy lifting after tummy tuck

+1

My protocol is 6-8 weeks and I would recommend you start slow and increase weight over time.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Lifting heavy objects post tummy tuck

+1

It is best to avoid lifting a 50 pound object for at least six weeks post tummy tuck.  Some patients will not be ready at that time, but they should not lift such heavy objects before their deep layer (fascia) is sufficiently healed.

It is very important for patients with professions that require heavy lifting or potential heavy lifting (like law enforcement) request light duty for six weeks if that is an option for them.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Heavy lifting after tummy tuck

+1

At one month post-op tummy tuck surgery it is normal for you to experience some pain. I ask my patient’s to refrain from any heavy lifting or strenuous exercise for atleast 2-3 months to prevent any complications. You are able to go to the beach, but avoid getting into the water for atleast 6-8 weeks.

On this site, I do my best to give advice without a physical examination but I want you to know that a physical examination by a certified physician is always the best way to get the most accurate information. 

Lifting after tummy tuck

+1

It is always the best to ask your surgeon these questions.  He/she knows the surgery that was performed.  In my patients, I usually ask them not to try any lifting more than 25 pounds for up to 6 weeks following the tummy tuck surgery.  50 pounds is a good amount of weight.  But it is also a question of relativity:   a 160 pound woman would more easily lift 50 pounds than a 120 pound woman.   So, it is a good idea to check with your surgeon!

Jonathan Berman, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Lifting after tt

+1

i guess i am conservative , but i have people wait 8 weeks before lifting a significant amount of weight.  the best thing you could do is continue with the nonsmoking .  that will give you and others the greatest reward.

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

+1

Dear sylviasi,

I would check with your surgeon for specific instructions regarding activity after your tummy tuck. In general, I would recommend not lifting anything heavy for at least six weeks following surgery. I would also pay attention to your body. If it hurts when lifting, consider stopping.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD

When can I start lifting weight after a tummy tuck?

+1

In general, you should wait 6 weeks before lifting more than 15 to 20 pounds. You should always check your surgeon's recommendations.

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon