Can I Get Botox if I'm a Heavy Pot Smoker?

I am really banking on the fact this is anonymous botox forum. I smoke pot daily. I have wrinkles that I hate.  Do you see any reason why botox would somehow conflict with this habit?  Thank you

No, but you can't smoke when consenting to the procedure.

+2

The use of any inhalent such as tobacco or pot will increase the aging process. The wrinkles you seek treatment for are partly due to the smoking. We all need to fight the aging process and for no other reason than that you should quit. With that said you need to be free of all THC prior to consenting to Botox treatment. That means no smoking for several days prior to treatment.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

It is essential that you are not high or under the influence of marijuana doing the consent process

+2

In general, there is no contraindication of having a history of smoking “pot” and having Botox® injections. With any medical procedure, informed consent is essential which fully discloses to you the advantages of the procedure as well as the inherent risks and complications. It is essential that you are not high or under the influence of marijuana doing the consent process or the actual procedure…this is basic common sense! I would recommend that you see a board certified physician for an evaluation that is experienced in Botox injections. Thanks for your question and I hope this helps!

Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Do Cheech and Chong Get Botox Injections?

+2

Hi Praying,

There is no contraindication to having a few hits of marijuana and receiving Botox injections.

Just make sure that your injector is not sharing your pipe/bong with you. The munchies will help keep you from losing volume in your face, which should help keep you looking younger.

Be well and pass the Oreos.

Dr. P

No contraindication

+2

There is no such contraindication.  In the short term, Botox will only address the wrinkles that occur when you are making a facial expression (using your facial muscles), not the ones present at rest.

San Diego Dermatologist

Smoking pot and Botox

+1

This is a unique question that we have never heard from any of our patients. There is no contraindication for Botox that includes marijuana. Smoking pot will not affect your Botox treatments.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/botox.aspx

You can.

+1

Medically there is no reason you could not have botox, but if you are stoned all the time why would you care? There is not interaction with THC that we know of today.

There is no contraindication for you to have Botox

+1

Praying,

There is no contraindication for you to have Botox if you smoke pot. You will just need an evaluation to make sure Botox is the right answer for your wrinkles. In most cases it will be. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.RealPlasticSurgery.com

Botox and pot smoking

+1

Smoking in general increases skin damage. I don't know of any contraindications of using Botox with your smoking habit.  It is probably best to kick the habit because overall the smoking is bad for your health.

No contraindication.

+1

From a medical stand point there is no contraindication for Botox. It is an informed consent procedure that requires being alert and oriented with no alcohol,sedatives etc..

Web reference: http://newportplastic.com/botox/