Can Raising Your Heart Rate After Breast Implants Cause Complications?

I am a week and a half out of surgery (300, CC, silicone, under the muscle) and I know I can't excersize or raise my heart rate for a month. I can't find anywhere the complications for doing this. I was out of town and was walking around the city and got lost which lead to a very long walk, flat and uphill, where I was out of breath at some points (I would stop and then take a break). I just want to know what the implications are of raising your heart rate. Thanks!

+1

Can Raising Your Heart Rate After Breast Implants Cause Complications? in the early postoperative period this along with a high blood pressure may make you more prone to bleeding for the first 10 days after surgery and therefore we generally adivse caution during this time.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-enlargement/

Breast augmentation post-op care

+1

I usually ask patients to refrain from exertional aerobic acitivity for about 3-4 weeks to avoid the risk of a hematoma.  Walking in general should be fine.

Breast Augmentation And Increased Heart Rate - Complications?

+1

I generally tell my patients that after 1 week, they can resume all activities except high impact things ( running, jumping, etc.).  I let them walk, ride an exercise bike, lift weights, etc.  As long as it doesn't physically hurt, then it is probably ok to do.  The old addage about getting your heart rate up relates to increased blood flow and hence pressure through your arterial system.  Theoretically, this could lead to a blood clot coming off a little vessel that was cut during the surgery, leading to bleeding and a hematoma around the implant.  However, this is something that usually happens the first day or two after surgery, not after a week of normal healing.  I hope this helps. 

Barrington Plastic Surgeon