Hair Transplant to Hide Eyebrow Scar?

I have a scar in the middle of my eyebrow. Since it can be made practically unnoticable if the eyebrow hair is properly aligned, I'm considering either waiting for hair multiplication (hair clongin) or doing a hair transplant (FUE) now.

I don't like the idea of having to trim the eyebrow hair every other day, however. Is there any chance that the growth cycles can be altered in the future to emulate actual eyebrow hair or will perhaps 'recipient dominance' eventually take care of this anyway? What about grafting hair with more appropriate lengths from other body parts?

What's my best option to fix this? Thanks in advance!

Hair Transplant Eyebrows

+1

Hair from the back of the head is still the preference but donor hair can come from other body parts.  There is some truth to needing to trim the transplanted hair, however it is usually needed every few weeks rather than every other day.

Eyebrow Transplant

+1

Your best option is an advanced method of FUE, either nape hair or body hair transplantation (BHT). These hairs are finer and slower in growth all characteristics that better mimic eyebrow hair than the traditional head donor hair.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Hair Transplant to hide Eyebrow Scar

+1

The only method available today is using hair from the back of the head that matches eyebrow hair as much as possible.  The problem is this will grow and has to be repeatedly trimmed....there is no known way to prevent this.  Cloning is not available and may not be for many years. 

Jack Fisher, MD

Eyebrow hair transplant.

+1

This can be done with grafting. However, it is often possible to just excise the scar and close it depending on the width of the scar.

Eyebrow Transplants Can Treat Scars

+1

Eyebrow transplants would be your best option to treat a scar where the brow has not regrown. While you would have to cut the eyebrows, the results would be most natural and it probably wouldn't take many grafts. Don't wait for cloning - go for the FUE!

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyebrow transplant to conceal scar

+1

As a surgeon who performs on average THREE eyebrow transplants weekly, I can tell you that this is a very successful procedure for concealing scars- but is a very challenging procedure that can only look natural when performed properly. The donor hairs typically come from the scalp, which means they need to be trimmed, but these hairs are the most natural appearing.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Micrografts to Eyebrows

+1

Your best option at present is the use of micrografts (FUE). i've successfully done this many times in reconstructive cases. The hair will not have to be cut every two days. Tattooing is another less desireable option. Why wait for advancements in cloning?