Swelling and Pain Underneath Crease Incision After Breast Augmentation? (photo)

500cc sili breast implants 7 wks ago. After 2 wks noticed swelling underneath right crease incision and was leaking. Dr said fluid built up underneath and was just draining out on its own. Culture came back superficial. Put on antibiotics after 3 weeks looked much betterWent back to normal activities massaging etc. now 7 wks PO, the swelling is back incision is red, no drainage, dr told me he has never seen this. Need answers please. back on antibiotics, breast feels ok, incision site hurts.

Pain in incision 7 weeks after breast augmentation

+2

Problems do happen after breast enlargement although they are not common.I am sorry to hear you are having problems. The major concern at this time would be the presence of an infection. If your breast is not hurting and it is just the incision you may just have a localised irritation to the suture that was used. This is what we call a stitch abscess. It is easily treated by just allowing the suture to be removed. Other more serious problms are also possible.Your surgeon should be capable in handling them.

Swelling and Pain after Breast Augmentation?

+2

I'm sorry to hear about the complication you have experienced after breast augmentation surgery. The major concern I would have would be the possibility of infection. If you were to have any further drainage,  additional cultures should be taken (your plastic surgeon should consider the presence of unusual organisms causing this problem and cultures should be sent for  unusual organisms such as Mycobacterium etc.).

I would suggest continued close follow-up with your plastic surgeon;  if a fluid collection is present a careful drainage procedure may be indicated.   My concern ultimately would be the potential for breast implant involvement/infection.

Breast Pain

+1
It is extremely hard to make accurate diagnosis as well as giving crucial decision making clinical decision without an in person physical examination along with a length discussion, please see your local board certified plastic surgeon in your area. If you dont have a surgeon or cant locate your surgeon you can look at the american society of aesthetic plastic surgery website and search by zip code or postal code. I wish you the best success!

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Swelling and Pain Underneath Crease Incision After Breast Augmentation?

+1

"Never has seen".... Are you sure your surgeon is as boarded PS??? You have cellulitis of the incision with possible seroma or infected seroma. Seek IMMEDIATE medical care. 

Swelling and Pain Underneath Crease Incision

+1

My worry would be the possibility of implant infection. There may be some fluid under the incision.

If your doctor has never seen this, it might be a thought to get another opinion in case another idea leads to the best diagnosis and treatment. Today.

Thank you for your question, best wishes.