I Have Cancer Can I Still Have Botox?

Aesthetic treatments for cancer patients are often appropriate

+2

In general terms, there should be no problem with Botox injections even with a diagnosis of cancer.  Other treatments like HA fillers are also often feasible.  Many clients enjoy the rejuvenation Botox and other treatments can bring to to their appearance while working through a difficult time in their life.

Be sure to ask your oncologist for his permission, and be sure your injector is aware of your medical problems as well.

Best Wishes!

Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and cancer

+1

I use a lot of Botox and other cosmetic treatments for cancer patients. Feeling good about yourself is part of being able to get going and recover. I do have my patients OK it with oncologist if in middle of therapy. I wrote a short review on this for familysavvy.com and it can be read on that website. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

All depends on the type of cancer and whether you're undergoing tx at this time...

+1

all you have to do is ask your oncologist...overwhelmingly is you don't have advanced disease and if you're not on certain chemotherapies for acute disease...the oncologists don't prohibit botox and it makes you feel better about yourself...

Ken Landow, MD

Can I get Botox if I have cancer?

+1

I have several patients who have cancer, or who have had cancer, who still receive cosmetic Botox. I always try to speak with that patient's oncologist first to coordinate care, understand medications, etc. but there are no studies showing there are contraindications for the two.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Botox and Cancer

+1

I have many Botox patients who have many different medical conditions, including cancer.  That said, you should ask your oncologist and make sure there is no contraindication for your particular condition. 

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologist