Gummy Bear Breast Implants Cost?

How much is the Gummy bear breast implants surgery? I want to get breast implants and I am very interested in the gummy bear implants but cant find out how much they are. I am having trouble getting a loan to get my surgery done and I want them done before my husband comes home from Iraq.

What is the cost of gummy bear breast implants?

+2
The price of breast augmentation surgery with gummy bear breast implants will vary from surgeon to surgeon. The price of the implants is one factor. The training, experience and expertise of the doctor is a significant factor. The facility where surgery is performed and the OR staff is another factor.  Also, a busy plastic surgeon with a full OR schedule will not be providing discounted rates, like a newer, inexperienced plastic surgeon, or a surgeon who cannot demonstrate through many many before and after photographs their ability to produce beautiful and natural looking results with breast augmentation surgery. 

I view breast augmentation as more than a breast enhancement surgery. It is a total body contouring surgery, and the breast profile that one creates with implants should match a patient's overall figure. It should appear completely plausible that the breasts have not been surgically enhanced. I want for my patient's appearance to make others think "Wow - what a great figure", not "I wonder who her plastic surgeon is".
Over and over I hear patients remark, after reviewing some of our `before and after' photos, that they had no idea that a breast augmentation could look so natural. It can, and in my opinion it should. Having practiced plastic surgery in the 'breast augmentation capital of the world' (Los Angeles), and having performed hundreds of breast augmentations in North Carolina for patients who are seeking a breast enhancement that looks like it actually is a natural part of their bodyWhen researching the training of a plastic surgeon, check to see if they attended a top medical school and graduated among the top in tier class. Where did they receive their formal surgical training? A prestigious university medical center? How many years of training did your plastic surgeon receive. The minimum for board-certification, but some surgeons elect to undergo as many as ten years of formal surgical training. 

Of course select a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and perhaps a member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
Viewing many photographs can also help you to determine whether or not a plastic surgeon shares your aesthetic sensibility

You should be able to speak to previous patients and discus their experience with them.

It is also critical to ask about the surgery center where your procedure will be performed. You need to know about accreditation, sterile processing procedures and who will be with you in the surgery. In my office I work with a board certified anesthesiologist, certified surgical technicians and nurses who are in the room during surgery. We also have preoperative nurses and a nurse for post anesthetisia care. Of course we also have a certified sterile processing technician. 
Remember the results from this procedure are permanent. Take your time researching your plastic surgeon and ask any questions you have on your mind.  

Web reference: http://www.michaellawmd.com/breast-augmentation_breast_implants.html

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Gummy Bear Breast Implant Cost

+1
Typically the form stable "gummy bear implants" cost about five hundred dollars more to purchase. Some high volume surgeon may be able to get them for less.

Cost of Gummy Bear Breast Augmentation

+1

That’s a wonderful question! NO difference in cost from the other silicone gel implants.

You’re absolutely right; the variability in pricing for implants themselves is a point of confusion for many patients. It all boils down to how much the surgeon acquires the implants for, and what value they attribute to the implant for you, as the consumer. We do not charge extra for the Gummy Bear implants while others may.

In order to simplify things, it’s easiest to make sure you understand what the OVERALL cost of the procedure is, and what precisely it includes in terms of cost and expertise in your geographical region. Our range depending on your specific needs is $5,000 - $7,500. It should absolutely be all-inclusive, and the most influential factors include,

• Is this an actual Plastic Surgeon performing the operation?
  • Is the plastic surgeon Fellowship Trained specifically in aesthetic plastic surgery?
  • Does the surgeon hold privileges at a local hospital, as a Plastic Surgeon?
  • Where will the surgery be performed? Hospital or certified outpatient surgery center?
  • What type of anesthesia will be used? General versus local anesthesia?

Choose your surgeon based NOT only on price, but whether you feel he would truly walk you thru the process and can achieve your long-term aesthetic goals. Also, it is not unreasonable to ask to speak to prior patients, visit the surgical facility, and see before and after photos.

You should also keep in mind that your choice of plastic surgery practice and surgeon, should also be a long-term choice. Chances are that you may want further services for yourself, family, and friends and want to establish a place where you become a member of the family. So be sure you love the staff, and the overall feel of the office. This should be a long-term investment in your future.

Web reference: http://www.divinoplasticsurgery.com/breast-procedures/breast-augmentation-san-diego/

Cost of Gummy Bear Implants

+1

Even though the implant does cost more, I don't charge more. So the cost is the same for the standard silicone implant. Come visit me for a complimentary consultation. 

Now Available

+1

Sientra's form shaped Gummy Bear has now been approved by the FDA.

They are available at a price roughly $500 more than traditional round silicone per pair.

Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Cost for Breast Surgery

+1

You will find many different answers depending on who your ask.  Cost will vary depending on many factors.... first of all it differs depending on if a board certified plastic surgeon is performing the surgery or not.  Also, if the surgery is performed in a hospital based operating room vs. an office setting, if a board certified anesthesiologist is involved vs. a nurse (or sometimes performing procedures under local anesthesia), etc.  Please be careful when doing your research to make sure your surgeon is properly trained and has experience in this procedure.  In San Diego, the range can be $5800-7500 for silicone gel breast implants without a breast lift.  The "gummy bear" implant is not yet FDA approved but some patients mistakenly say "gummy bear" when they mean "cohesive gel".
Ask to see examples of the surgeon's work and talk to other patients who have undergone this same procedure to hear what they have to say.

Good Luck!

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm

Allergan style 410 implants are available as part of fda clincial trials

+1

The FDA trials for the Allergan Style 410 devices are still on-going. One of the trials enrolls patients who have never had breast implants in the past. The other trial enrolls patients who have currently have implant or expander in place.

There is a tremendous amount of confusion out there regarding what is a "cohesive" breast implant. Technically speaking all silicone breast implants are cohesive, meaning the silicone "stays together"r to some degree. The higher the degree off cohesivity the higher the ability of the device to maintain its shape. Think for a moment about water. the molecules of water are cohesive(otherwise it would be a gas). then think about jello or a gummy bear. both the jello and the gummy bear can be thought of as having increased cohesivity as compared to water.

What most people mean when they say the gummy bear or cohesive(perhaps better thought of as enhanced cohesive) device is the Allergan Style 410 device.

As other responders have noted they are not for every patient.

As always the best way to sort out what may be best for you is to seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with significant experience in breast surgery.

Obviously you are doing your homework and preparing for your consultation. Most surgeons appreciate that. Many times there may not be "one right solution" but several options that may give you a great result. Think of it in terms of trade-offs. Your surgeon after listening to your desires, taking a medical history, and doing an examination including several measurements of your breast, chest and tissues will discuss the trade-offs with you.

In general the cost of the Allergan 410 devices(just the device cost) is approximately $1200 more than "traditional" gel devices.

I hope this helps a bit with the "cohesive confusion" that is out there. Best of luck.

Same answer as all the others

+1

Your best bet is always to call around to your local plastic surgeons.  If their prices are in line with your finances, I'd recommend calling areas of the country where prices tend to be cheaper.

Bottom line remains that these implants are not approved for use in the US outside of research centers.

Ogden Plastic Surgeon

Cohesive gel implants

+1

The reason you can not find out the price of the cohesive gel or gummy implants in the US is because they are not yet available on the market. Right now they are only available under a research protocol.

Cohesive gel implants are frequently called gummy bear gels

+1

There is, and has been some confusion the newer styled cohesive gel breast implants. Memory gel is the product from Mentor and Natrelle is the product from Allergan. In my experience most women refer to this type of implant as the gummy bear type gel implant. There is a new implant, yet to be release in the US, this is the Style 410 by allergan. This is a form stable gel and is firmer than the existing cohesive gel. I believe from your question you are interested in this type of gel implant, the cohesive gel. These are currently available to any woman over 22. The cost of an implant is only a portion of the fee for the entire surgery. In the Atlanta area the cost for the implant itself is $2,000 / pair (for 2). The cost for the surgical fee, anesthesia and supplies will of course vary from location to location. Find a good board certified plastic surgeon in your area and have your specific questions answered.