How much does breast implant replacement cost as compared to the initial surgery?
Breast Implant Replacement Cost?
Doctor Answers (9)
Costs associated with Replacement of Breast Implants
The costs of replacing your implants should be a bit less than the initial costs, provided you want to keep the new implants in the same pocket. Having said that, here is some general information...
The costs of any aesthetic procedure will vary according to several variables:
1. The geographic location of the surgeon's practice
2. The details of the surgical procedure- the longer and more technically demanding the surgery is, the higher the costs.
3. The facility in which the surgery will be performed- generally speaking, hospitals are the most expensive places to do cosmetic surgery. Many surgeons use surgery centers or even have ORs in their offices, which really helps lower your costs, but this is only valuable if the facility is accredited by a recognized national body like the AAAASF, meaning it has met a high, national standard for safety in surgery.
4. Finally the costs will be significantly affected by the education, training, experience, and reputation of the surgeon you choose. Make no mistake- we are not all created equal, and shopping for the best price is NOT in your best interests. You should look for a surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery who you feel you can trust and get along well with (it is a relationship, after all). Ask to see photos of their work and maybe even talk to a few former patients about their experiences.
Remember- you are looking for the best outcome, not the lowest price. Find the professional that you think can give you what you want safely- in the long run you'll be happier than if you try to save a few dollars now, only to experience a poor outcome.
Cost of breast implants
Breast Implant Replacement Cost
That’s a wonderful question!
Having the procedure to enhance your breast size a second time, is not the same as the first. Specifically, it can mean you need potentially Less, but also potentially More work to achieve your desired look. It all boils down to your specific needs.
In order to simplify things, it’s easiest to make sure you understand what the OVERALL cost of the procedure is, and what precisely it includes in terms of cost and expertise in your geographical region. Our range depending on your specific needs would be around $3,000 - $5,500. It should absolutely be all-inclusive, and the most influential factors include,
- Is this an actual Plastic Surgeon performing the operation?
- Is the plastic surgeon Fellowship Trained specifically in aesthetic plastic surgery?
- Does the surgeon hold privileges at a local hospital, as a Plastic Surgeon?
- Where will the surgery be performed? Hospital or certified outpatient surgery center?
- What type of anesthesia will be used? General versus local anesthesia?
- Implant type and changes needed? Silicone vs Saline.
Choose your surgeon based NOT only on price, but whether you feel he would truly walk you thru the process and can achieve your NEW aesthetic goals! Also, it is not unreasonable to ask to speak to prior patients, visit the surgical facility, and see before and after photos.
You should also keep in mind that your choice of plastic surgery practice and surgeon, should also be a long-term choice. Chances are that you may want further services for yourself, family, and friends and want to establish a place where you become a member of the family. So be sure you love the staff, and the overall feel of the office. This should be a long-term investment in your future.
You might also like...
Cost for Revisionary Surgery
You will find many different answers depending on who your ask. Cost will vary depending on many factors.... first of all it differs depending on if a board certified plastic surgeon is performing the surgery or not. Also, if the surgery is performed in a hospital based operating room vs. an office setting, if a board certified anesthesiologist is involved vs. a nurse (or sometimes performing procedures under local anesthesia), etc. Please be careful when doing your research to make sure your surgeon is properly trained and has experience in this procedure. In San Diego, the range can be $6000-15,000 depending on what is performed, what type of implants are used, if a breast lift is needed, if AlloGraft is used, etc..
Ask to see examples of the surgeon's work and talk to other patients who have undergone this same procedure to hear what they have to say.
Replacement cost depends to the reason for implant exchange
there are a few points that determine the final cost.
implant cost that is fairly stable cost, need for any other adjunct procedures, like possible capsulectomy, lift, pocket change or.... that will determine the OR and anesthesia time that will determine the final cost.
good news is if you need to exchange your implant because implant leakage, in almost all cases as long as you be able to provide the implant Serial Number, you can get a free implant and depends to type of warranty you might be legible to get any size of implant and surgical aid that will cover a part of your expenses.
Type of implant also factors in...
The type of implant will also effect the cost. I'm sure you're aware but, silicone gel devices are more expensive than saline. Your surgeon should be able to go over the pros and cons of each type of implant.
Cost for implant exchange can vary depending upon the existing problem
It would be nice to have some additional information such as why you need to have your implants replaced. Replacing an implant can be a relatively simple procedure or it can be quite complex and at times even more difficult than the original operation. If your breasts are soft and there is no evidence of a capsular contracture then it can be done under local anesthesia. This would be a simple implant exchange without any manipulation of the implant capsule. In the Atlanta area you could expect a cost range from, including new implants, $2,500 to $3,500.
Many variables affect cost
There are many things that may affect the cost of breast implant replacement. The type of implant used, the geographic location of the surgeon, the surgeon's experience, whether or not the original surgeon is the replacement surgeon, whether capsules need to be addressed are just a few of those variables. I would recommend a few consultations with board certified plastic surgeons for an idea of pricing. Good luck!
Cost of breast implant surgery
It all depends upon who is doing it. Many surgeons will give a discounted fee to their former patients for revision type work. If you decide to go with a different surgeon, then you will probably pay a full fee for whatever surgery you desire. Gel implants cost more than saline
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.