Will I Grow into my Nose? Nose is Bigger then All my Features (photo)

My family has pretty big noses, but the difference is for them, it works with there facial features. I'm 17 and my nose isn't bumpy, it's straight. The problem is it's very WIDE at the bottom and I don't think it goes with my features. My lips are small, my eyes are small, and im not a large kid. I don't understand why my nose is so unproportional. I want to be a actor someday and I don't think ill get to if my nose looks so bad. I feel if my nose was smaller i'd look good. Help? :(

Wide Nose will I grow into my nose

+1

I do not feel your nose looks extremely large for the rest of your facial features, except at the nasal base.  From your photogrphs it appears that you have thick skin  and this is responsible for the wide apperance of your nasal  base.  It is possible to narrow the base of your nose slightly, but the surgery must be done with caution as an overly narrowed nasal base looks ridiculous and is very difficult to correct.  Make sure you see a plastic surgeon who is very experienced in rhinoplasty surgery.

Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Grow into nose

+1

in my opinion if one is 17 years old it is likely that he will not see see any significant differential growth between the other facial features and the nose.  

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Will I grow into my nose (photos) ?

+1

Narrowing the base of your nose is a straightforward office procedure, so if you believe the base at the bottom of the nostrils is too wide, you may have this gently narrowed without committing to full rhinoplasty.  Be aware however that narrowing the base may make the tip appear larger because the tip to base relationship changes after narrowing just the base.  If your tip is small, it will work out,  If the tip needs to be made smaller, this can be tried first with injectables, and if unsuccessful, formal tip rhinoplasty or rhinoplasty to include the top of your nose as well, depending on the changes you desire.

Steve Laverson, MD

Nos bigger than face?

+1

I agree with Dr. Constantian.  Your nose does not look overly large to the rest of your face. The profile is good and maybe slightly wide at the base.  You look like you have thick skin which can make refinement tough.

Your nose is full of traps--use extreme caution

+1

I am afraid that I don't see everything that you see.   I see a nose that is balanced with your face, and small on profile.  The width could be a little less from the front, though it is perfectly acceptable and attractive as it is.

The problem that most men have is that their skin is not  very elastic, so that changes made to the skeleton may not be followed by desirable changes in the surface--you may just lose shape. 

If you decide to go ahead, be extremely careful as you select your surgeon, and ask to see photos of noses like yours with results that you like.  Not every surgeon will be able to give you what you hope for.

Good luck!

Mark B. Constantian, MD, FACS
Nashua Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty will help with your complaints

+1
The tip of your nose is a bit to wide and a rhinoplasty with some simple refinements will allow your nose to be more in proportion to your face. Your profile view is good you just need some refinement in the tip area and osteotomies. Since you are seventeen it is important to have a good examination to make sure that your nasal structures are fully mature. As far as your acting career goes please know that if you set your mind to that goal and work hard you should achieve your dreams rhinoplasty or no rhinoplasty. There are many actors with facial features that are not perfectly symmetric acting is not modeling and is based upon your true talent not just appearance. I wish you great success in your endeavors!

Michael Elam, MD

Correction of Large Nose

+1

Help is definitely available to refine your nasal features. Your problem presents a special issue and can only be handled by a very experienced and well qualified specialist nasal surgeon. Your nose will always be noticable as a strong feature of your face and it will probably continue to irritate you.

Kris Conrad, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon