Is It Safe To Get a Rhinoplasty Plus Breast Lift At Once?

I am contemplating a rhinoplasty in addition to my scheduled breast lift. My plastic surgeon said it would be safe to do both and would start with the breast lift under twilight sedation, then move on to the rhinoplasty switching to general anethesia. Is this common and low risk on a healthy adult?

Rhinoplasty and breast surgery

+2

If you are a healthy individual, it should not be a problem to have a rhinoplasty and a breast procedure at the same time. Good luck.

Combining rhinoplasty and breastlift

+2

As long as you are healthy the combination surgery should be fine. You may want to understand why 2 different anesthetics are necessary - seems like general anesthesia the whole way through would be a good option.

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Combination

+2

It is perfectly appropriate to undergo both a rhinoplasty and breast lift at the same time.  The only question I have is why you would have part of the procedure under local and part under general anesthesia.  I would recommend general anesthesia for the entire procedure, but you should have the opportunity to speak with the anesthesiologist before your procedure to clarify the details.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Combining breast and nose procedures is safe

+2

The combination of breast procedures and nose proecedures is fairly common for women to do.  There are multiple beneficial reasons to combine procedures and if you are healthy the anesthesia time should not be an issue.  Make sure you have been properly evaluated by your surgeon who is board certified in plastic surgery and you will have the best chance of a successful outcome.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty And Breast Lift Surgery Done Together

+2

Both a rhinoplasty and any form of cosmetic breast surgery can be safely done at the same time. Both can be performed under general anesthesia. There would be no benefit to doing sedation for one procedure and general anesthesia for the other.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Rhinoplasty and Breast Lift Together

+2

No problem getting both of these done at the same time. You could have a general for both. Not sure why the need for sedation for the lift.  Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Should not be a problem

+2

In a healthy patient, you should experience no problem having a breast lift and rhinoplasty done at the same time.  Since you are having the breast lift under IV sedation, you can probably have the rhinoplasty done also under local with IV sedation.  I don't think you necessarily have to have general anesthesia to have rhinoplasty.

James Tang, MD

Safety of Combination Cosmetic Surgery Procedures

+2

In a healthy individuals combining cosmetic surgery procedures is relatively safe and is frequently done. 

Combining breast surgery with rhinoplasty

+1
In general, it is possible to have rhinoplasty and breast lift during the same operation. There are some special considerations including the total length of surgery and this will depend on the complexity of both the rhinoplasty and breast surgery. However, it is unlikely that the combined duration of these surgeries would be prohibitive (too long of an operation). It is best to discuss this with your surgeon as your surgeon may have another perspective and different advice.

Jamil Ahmad, MD