What Are Some Good Alternatives to Retinoids During Pregnancy?

What are some good alternatives to retinoids during pregnancy and what happens to your skin when you stop using them? I have been using Differin for around 8 years. I have adult acne and it is very helpful in giving me clear, smooth skin. I am not pregnant yet but my husband and I are planning to have a child. Thank you for your help.

The use of topical drugs in pregnancy must be minimized to protect the baby to be

+2

The use of topical drugs in pregnancy must be minimized to protect the baby to be. The safest drug is probably salacylic acid as there is no known blood levels after use.

Chicago Dermatologist