I Am Going to Have a Full Bikini Laser Hair Removal, but I Have a Hyperpigmented Vagina and Inner Thighs?

Hi, i really want to have the Laser Hair removal in for my full bikini and inner thighs, cuz i have lots of ingrwn hairs, and i have completely spoiled my skin with shaving!! it became very dark, although my real complexion isnt that dark? so, i am very scared wether the laser will burn me there a lot and make it darker!! wht to do pls?

Laser discoloration

+1

You definitely need to be sure that the laser is done by a professional who understands your problem and would use an appropriate laser at the appropriate stting  to minimize any discoloration.  It  terms of the hyperpigmentation, there are treatments available with appropriate bleaching creams.

Good  Luck.

It's OK to proceed with laser hair removal treatment.

+1

Don't worry, you can safely proceed with your laser treatments.  I recommend being treated by the Long Pulsed Nd Yag laser, for the hyper pigmented skin areas of the body.  These areas can also be treated with various skin brightening agents, as well.

Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser hair removal can be safe even if skin is darker in bikini area.

+1

Dear Suzanne,

It is very common for women to naturally have darker skin on the upper inner thighs and in the bikini areas. If my patients have a darker skin in the bikini as compared to other areas of their skin, I will turn the energy down on the laser when treating the bikini area. In some cases where the skin is significantly darker than the surrounding skin, I will switch from a long pulsed Alexandrite laser or other laser hair removal device to a long pulsed Nd:YAG laser which is safer for darker skin types. Your physician may also recommend a skin brightner be used before and in between treatments to decrease the risk of pigmentation following laser therapy. Finally, I would recommend seeing a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon whom is well versed in laser therapy for your treatments given your needs.

Jennifer Peterson, MD

Houston Dermatologist