Should I gain some weight before my neck lipo so there is a little bit more to remove?

I have in the recent years attempted to starve myself because of the stubborn fat along my neck--which is unhealthy, I realize. I've finally decided to consider liposuction, but I'm very much underweight right now. I am hoping to gain a little to a healthy weight level, but I'm afraid if I do so after lipo, I may gain some fat along my neck and chin? (Which would exceed the point of getting surgery). Does it make any sense to gain some weight now so there is a slightly more amount of fat to remove?

I've never heard of gaining weight in anticipation of liposuction.

+1
I don't really see the advantage of gaining weight to enhance the benefits of liposuction. If excess fat exists at your present weight That would be improved by liposuction I see no reason not to proceed.

+1
Based upon your previous questions and pictures, I would get to a healthy weight and then be reevaluated. The pictures you have posted recently make me think that the procedure would not be worthwhile.

Lipo

+1

To best help you, a physical examination or picture evaluation is required in order to determine which procedures and techniques would be best for your case.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with chin and neck

+1
Thank you for your face lift question.

• If you are significantly underweight, get yourself to a normal weight.
  • That will lead the excess fat to appear,
  • And it can be liposuctioned. If you are underweight now, it is harder to treat you.
  • If you are a young woman, be sure your thyroid function is normal. It is a common cause of having a heavy face and neck and is treated with thyroid replacement, not surgery Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Liposuction of the Neck and Weight Loss

+1
I like my patients to stay at normal weight before having neck liposuction.  If you have good skin tone it doesnt matter how much fat you have it will retract and form a nice contour.  I find that laser helps tighten in some cases as well.  Depending on your starting point, it may be good to combine the liposuction treatment with Ultherapy or Thermage to get extra tightening.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.

Neck and weight

+1
It is best to keep your weight at a normal level before undergoing surgery.  Submental fat can be lip suctioned in some individuals who have good skin tone.

Gaining weight for Liposuction

+1
What makes sense is to visit with your family physician and get on a healthy lifestyle plan that put you at a healthy weight. Once you are at a stable weight and you still have some perceived issues with neck please visit board-certified plastic surgeons who can make appropriate recommendations.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS,FACS

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS