I Frown Without Even Realizing It, How Can I Stop This Worried, Angry and Concerned Facial Expression of Mine? (photo)

I have recently been told at work and even when out with friends I have a worried, angry and/or concerned facial expression even though I am not stressed and have very little concerns. I’m a 23 year old male and tend to frown a lot without even knowing it. I notice it more after work as I work in an office environment and use a computer most of the day. My eyebrows tend to feel overworked as though I have given them a good workout, mostly in-between the brows.

Glabellar frown lines treated with Botox

+1

Most people who have deep frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar region) are effectively treated by Botox injections to relax the muscles so the frown can't occur. After a while of maintaining this relaxation by having the Botox repeated before it wears off (3 - 4 months usually), the skin creases tend to improve but some patients who have deep lines at rest, benefit by placement and conservative use of a filler in addition to the Botox. This must be done by an experienced physician as there are rare risks with this procedure.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/botox/index.html

Reducing frown lines

+1

It is important to reduce squinting, so wearing sunglasses outdoors, and minimizing squinting at the computer (by looking away, resting the eyes, going for breaks) are important. Ultimately however, botulinum toxin like Botox is a particularly safe and effective way to treat the frown area and reduce this appearance of looking tired and stressed.  Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Frown Lines

+1

Botox is a safe, effective, and well-studied treatment for the area specifically between the brows, or the "glabellar" lines. Consulting with an experienced injector for number of units and placement is the first step to relaxing that area and softening that "angry" or "concerned" look you are trying to avoid.

Botox

+1

Botox is a great option to help relax the "frown lines" between our brows.  It works by relaxing the muscles that cause these lines to form.  It lasts anywhere from 3-4 months and is safe and effective.  It will not only improve the cosmetic appearance of these lines but will also help relieve some of the tension you feel in your brows.

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox helps vertical frown lines on the forehead

+1

Botox is an easy and effective treatment for lines created by facial muscles, especially in the glabella, which is the area in between the eyebrows.  The injections take just a few minutes, and take effect within 4-5 days.  Full effects are seen by two week, and the results will last for ~4 months on average.  You will be surprised how much this simple procedure can soften your appearance and brighten your countenance.  Make sure to seek an experienced injector and they can give you all the details about your Botox treatment.  Best wishes!

Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for your frown lines

+1

Botox will help relax your frown lines and make you appear much happier.  It is a simple procedure in experienced hands.  You will need to repeat it every 3 to 4 months initially, and then the effect tends to last longer.  After a year or so,  you may only require Botox twice a year.

Toronto Dermatologist

Botox for frown lines

+1

Botox is so easy and safe and works great for frown lines.  Dysport or Xeomin also, same idea.  Find an experienced practioner near you. 

Botox & Frown lines

+1

Dear Celiott, your frown lines will respond very well to Botox injections. These are done in office. Results appear after 3-6 days & effect lasts 3-6 months. The tendency to frown will decrease with repeated injections. 

Detroit Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox/Dysport works great to help train the frown lines from frowning.

+1

Botox/Dysport injections to the frown lines will give a great result and possibly help train the muscles from frowning between the eyebrows for roughly $300 and lasts 3-5 months and is easy to undergo with no downtime.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.drdavidhansen.com

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Treatment for frown lines

+1

You are a great candidate for Botox, Xeomin which are injectable products, which are useful for relaxing muscular contraction.

Long Island Dermatologist