How Long After Having Fraxel Re:pair Should I Wait Before Having V-Beam?

This past week I successfully had Fraxel Re-pair on my forehead to address small acne pit scarring.

My gameplan also includes addressing facial redness. I've had since having acne and Accutane eight years ago.

Thanks!

Vbeam laser for facial redness can be done a few weeks after Fraxel Repair resurfacing of acne scars

+1
The Vbeam laser can be used to reduce unwanted redness that is in acne scars.  The Fraxel Repair will often cause a generalized facial redness during the acute healing process even after the wound has healed in the first two weeks.  Vbeam can be used to suppress this redness, and the doctor who does the Fraxel Repair CO2 laser should evaluate when your skin is ready for Vbeam laser.

V-Beam treatment after Fraxel

+1

Once all the redness has cleared from the Fraxel treatment, you can start the V-Beam therapy. This usually takes a week or two depending on how much energy was used during the Fraxel laser session.

Bruce E. Katz, MD