FeatherTouch C02 Laser Resurfacing Vs Fraxel Re:pair

I'm having a hard time deciding what to do. I have planned for some timeon doing the CO2 laser procedure on my face by a very experienced, peer reviewed, seminar giver physician. I am 48 years old, my issue is sun damage - lots of vertical lines/wrinkles on my cheeks and around my mouth. My neck is also in bad shape with lines and starting to sag.

My face doesn't need very much tightening at this point, so a face lift is not needed. The cost is $4100 for the co2 laser (FeatherTouch). Today, I found a local physician group doing the fraxel re:pair for the face and neck - offering a special for $2500 -- but a physician's assistant will be doing the procedure. Should I be concerned that a PA is doing the fraxel re:pair? Would the results be essentially the same for each type of laser for what I'm trying to do? Also, given that my physician doesn't have the Fraxel re:pair laser, she can only offer Fraxel re:store for my neck. Will that work as well in 4-5 sessions as the re:pair would work in 1 session?

Lots of red flags here: stay away from a practice where the PA does this type of procedure

+3

While my PA does laser hair removal and certain minor laser procedures, the re:pair is a major procedure with major risks. While the question you ask is valid (Feather Touch vs re:pair), you are getting a bad deal here if you trade the work of a very fine surgeon versus a PA who has most likely no experience at all and is just 'learning' on you.

What you need to do is to strongly consider finding a 'real' MD who can do the re:pair for you. There is a huge difference between re:pair and re:store. We own both and basically have put the re:store in a closet now that we have the re:pair.

Make no mistake about it: no amount of re:store procedures can 'equal' one well done re:pair!

On the other question, I also own the Feather Touch and haven't used it for 10 years or longer as it wasn't all that great of a procedure and had quite a few risks. I love the re:pair, however, and find it is a great tool in the right hands.

We all want a 'deal', but when it comes to your face, you don't want to suffer for the rest of your life for a momentary time of being 'cheap'.

Omaha Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.